Replacing Antenna Wire

YenkoChevelle69

Long story shot, I snapped my antenna off at the base. No threads left. I need to replace the base, and cable. Anyone done it? More inportantly, anyone have any detailed pictures? I purchased a replacement off EAD performance from a black 03 SS. it's complete. I just am baffled by all the dash there. How do you get the cover with the hold in it off the cowl. The one that's over top of the antenna base?

used to do these about once a week at the dealer. they are not fun if you have never done one. we used a pretty good trick to sneak them. i could try to help you with it by phone if you like, im not sure how to explain it on paper....

shaun

time for antenna delete :)

How does one go about doing this? I really would be ok with doing that so long as my reception doesn't suffer. I have a used but perfect condition factory 03 antenna assembly from wire to antenna. Can I crimp an end onto a piece of wire and use on of the 3 bolts from the antenna base to hold the wire in place? The of course connect the free end of the wire to a factory antenna?

To be quite honest, I'd like to replace the antenna and make it factory again.

• 1 month later...

Back up to the top. I just got finished replacing my antenna. What a PITA that was. I ended up taking the top of the dash off so I could see and use more than 2 fingers to do the work. 1.5 hrs later and it's back to normal! Not that super hard, but it is time consuming. The hardest part was fishing the wire up to the top. I managed to do that with some .095 trimmer line and packaging tape! anyhow, the link actually came in very handy for taking apart the dash.