Got A Few Questions About My Wideband Gauge

Ok. I've got the LC-1 wideband & XD-16 gauge setup for AFR.

Which side is the best to place the WB? Passenger side or Driver side?

I read on here some where about putting the WB into the rear O2 sensor location. Will this work?

My rear O2's are located behind my dynatech cats so that location seems far away. I want the gauge to be as accurate as possible.

Last question. If I do put the WB in one of the rear O2 locations, I will have to extend the cable for the WB O2. Can I splice into the wires after the WB harness to extend my WB cable?

The WB cable doesn't appear to be long enough to reach the rear O2's so I'd like to know if it's alright to splice the wires? I assume so but I want to know for sure before cutting up a $400 setup.

Well it does work in the driver side rear O2 but the readings are not correct because of the cat. Mine is reading 4.9-5.0 on start up and I know that's crazy wrong.

Any idea which side is best to place the wideband O2 sensor: Driver Side or Passenger Side?

drivers so you can watch #7 a little better.

doh!! :banghead: Shop that put the bung in last year put it in the passenger side because they couldn't put one in the driver side header outlet(before the cat). there wasn't enough room with the dynatechs. Would it be possbiel to put the wideband O2 into the driver side 1st O2? I think I read an article that it could be used as a wideband O2 and a narrowband O2. anybody know if this is true?

Well it does work in the driver side rear O2 but the readings are not correct because of the cat. Mine is reading 4.9-5.0 on start up and I know that's crazy wrong.

Any idea which side is best to place the wideband O2 sensor: Driver Side or Passenger Side?

my gauge reads the same thing. im thinking the sensor might be bad

as for location suppose to be suppose to be in the header by the collector, further away it gets leaner it reads. Driverside is preferred since its the 1st bank

Once again, our truck DO NOT have air pumps to heat up the cats and o2's. Instead GM uses timing and heated o2's to eliminate air pumps. the readings pre cat and post cat, considering good running cats is less than .1 AFR... I have verified this on my truck and if you know this you can properly tune your truck. Now if a car has air injection to heat up cats like the old 5.0 slutstangs, then putting your WB post cats would not be a good idea.