Polished The Alternator....

sprayed99

Looks familier...lol. If you dont have the right tools, it would be a mother to do i'd say...for an alternator at least. I polished all my A/C dryer and lines by hand, but an alternator would be tough. Which is why I just had mine chromed. Looks good though

ive done quite a few of them and its honestly very easy if you have any mechanical skill and a good set of allen/torqe sockets.

looks good btw, no matter what its almost impossible to not melt the little plastic cover near the 3 soldered connections.

ive done quite a few of them and its honestly very easy if you have any mechanical skill and a good set of allen/torqe sockets.

looks good btw, no matter what its almost impossible to not melt the little plastic cover near the 3 soldered connections.

It was the polishing that I was talking about.....getting in all those little nooks and crannys. If you have the right tools, like plateing companys do......prolly wouldnt be bad. I was going to attempt it, but I just decided to chrome it and be done.

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

It was the polishing that I was talking about.....getting in all those little nooks and crannys. If you have the right tools, like plateing companys do......prolly wouldnt be bad. I was going to attempt it, but I just decided to chrome it and be done.

no i would take it to a local polisher i was talking about the mechanical part :cheers:

take it to a local generator/alternator/starter builder :) promise you I will next time.....I just hate soldering.

I started to disassemble mine and got into it, stood back and said...weeeelllll maybe I best let someone that goes through these daily dis and reassemble. That way it works the first time when back together.