Ls7 Swap

Jesse 05ss

in less than 15 months my SS will be totally payed off and want to do an engine swap and was wondering if a LS7 swap has been dun yet and if so how much fab work is needed and is it posable to keep it AWD

it has not been done because, it isn't worth it. sure it would be cool to say you have an ls7 in the truck, but thats about as far as it goes. with the introduction of the lsx block, hype of the ls7 died off.

well price don't matter to me my SS is my baby now if and when I go to do this it will not remain stock it will have a stage 3 or hot cam up grade and port polished heads pistons and ring and all that good stuff plus the twin STS kit. It will be about 25 moths before I have the money with still paying on it for the next 15 months so buy then the LS7 should be a lot less.

the lS7 is DEaD.

With the LSX...LSa...LS3 there are three options.

JFYI the crate LS9 is $27K...if GM still continues to keep the crate program alive.

I know it feels good to say $$ is no object...I too would want the best from my SSS, but the guys here are going to point you in the right direction.

To me there's nothing like the sound of the number "427" when used in a sentence with Chevrolet. The 327's, 396's, 427's, 454's bring back many memories of my youth and the Muscle car years. If I had the money I'd do it for just that reason. Nostalgia. But I'm old too!

Have that T-shirt! LSX Is the smart choice.IMO due to the fact that I am at a 427(ooooo Nostailgia)Right now and if something was to happen i can just go bigger. An LS7 once and you are done.

One proud happy owner of a DD S/C LSX427 that has over 600rwhp and gets 20mpg's on the road!

Soon to have 700+rwhp

6500+lbs 3rd row seated,20 spare, hidden hitch,12 sec ride rollin on 22's all day long.

And I am old too!

sts twin turbo isnt worth it. theres no room unless u do a fuel cell and get rid of ur stock tank. i have the sts and if ur gonna do a rear mount ur only gonna want a single.

i agree with everyone, for the price of the ls7 theres no point. a nice lsx is where its at but dont waste ur money/time with a ls7

Have that T-shirt! LSX Is the smart choice.IMO due to the fact that I am at a 427(ooooo Nostailgia)Right now and if something was to happen i can just go bigger. An LS7 once and you are done.

One proud happy owner of a DD S/C LSX427 that has over 600rwhp and gets 20mpg's on the road!

Soon to have 700+rwhp

6500+lbs 3rd row seated,20 spare, hidden hitch,12 sec ride rollin on 22's all day long.

And I am old too!

word. with a 427 LSX, there is still plenty of meat left for the next build.

LS7

GM PART # 19211710

CATEGORY: Eng Asm (shipped only to local fedex hub 4 pickup)

PACK QTY: 1

CORE CHARGE: $0.00

GM LIST: $19,378.50

OUR PRICE: $14,107.60

LSa

GM PART # 19211708

CATEGORY: Eng Asm (shipped only to local fedex hub 4 pickup)

PACK QTY: 1

CORE CHARGE: $0.00

GM LIST: $20,000.00

OUR PRICE: $14,560.00

From gmperformanceparts.com(no I don't work for them, just found a big sale):

The Ls7 has 505hp for 10k

The Ls3 has 430hp for 5k

The Ls376/480 has 480hp for$5250

For a 5k difference I think I'd look at the Ls376. It already has the L92 heads and Hot cam. It's only 25hp off the mark of the Ls7, and I'm sure that could be "found" somewhere.