Led Thrid Brake Light Installed

i have that third brake light as well and love it. i too have experimented with a lot of different license plate led lights and havent found anything i like. they are either too blue or too dim for me. i am making some cutom ones out of a led flashlight i have.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all ... As you could see in NebraskaSS's write-up, he put in some LED Mirror/Courtesy Lights ...

These were a snap to replace .... Here is a quick How-To in Pic form ... (Sorry for the crappy Pics. and dirty truck)

#1 - Factory Light

March26008.jpg

#2 - Unclip and then gently pry out backside with a thin Regular Screwdriver ... Gently

March26009.jpg

#3 - Unplug lightbulb housing.

March26012.jpg

#4 - Lightbulb inside of housing.

March26011.jpg

#5 - Unscrew housing, replace 211-2 Bulb with LED Bulb, then re-screw top back on.

March26014.jpg

March26013.jpg

#6 - Reconnect wires (remember that the Bulb Housing will only go in One-way [direction] into the hole. So line that up first, so you don't have to twist the bulb, which will in turn, twist the wires)

March26015.jpg

#7 - Place back into hole, until it "Clicks into place" - (remember that the Bulb Housing will only go in One-way [direction] into the hole.)

March26016.jpg

#8 - Shaa-Zaam ... It's all done. You new LED Mirror/Courtesy Lights.

March26017.jpg

March26018.jpg

Seriously ... this was a whopping 10 minute job.

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)