Chase's 427 Lsx Twin Turbo Build

04CHASE

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been doing some 50-75% throttle tuning. wastegates are opening @ 11psi. i have methanol dual 10 nozzles turning on @ 5psi with it spraying full @ 12-14 psi and the dial @ 4 . keeping it still safe with 10.5-11.0 afr and minimal timing , max being about 13 or so.

i can drive pretty easy racing is still questionable with how my arm recovers right now its still useless.

sorry for the lack of updates but ill be glad to meet up with some of you next weekend

Steve these trucks like to perform better when the A/C is slightly undercharged.

You guys got a good ballpark pressure I can begin testing at on my own truck?

CHASE - what do you think of switching to the hydraboost master cylinder? Did it get rid of the spongy pedal? And I envy that intake manifold.

Mr. P. :)

• 3 weeks later...

lifes been real tough lately . i never tought a broken arm would do hurt me physically as well as mentally. i feel useless like i am scum bag who sits around all day and collects checks. i cant wait to get back to work . sitting at home with this dam splint on my arm is agony . not being able to feel about half my right handstill . i am getting some use out of my hand but my arm only pivots aout 4-6 inch out of the splint. rehab looks likely.

Aside from my emotions. i have been trying to prep the truck . the ati balancer needs locktite so if you have one i suggest this . i developed a squeak in my belt drive system and thought it was an idler and ended up being all the bbolt on the damper backed out. so after a ton of help from brother the truck is in good shape. we found a bad injector as well. hopefully no damage from it because it was barely firing if at all. so right now we got the truck about 50 % tuned . drives awesome almost stock. having a weird lean idle issue but it may be heat soak in the iat.

we have gone wot. holy crap a truck should not pulll like this on the top end. Stlalled one up and got scared since i dont have both hands. this converter should be able to brake stall past 3k as i have done it an it can almost boost off the line. got it to 6k rpms and saw 17 psi. we are developing the timing slowly as even a degree adds quite a bit of powr and tuning this on the street is not only scary and makes you sick if your watching a screen and not the road but man this thing just moves to quick . we need a dyno for the finishing touches for sure but until i can get back to work and making more money thats on hold. should be able to make the track on the 7 of jan though.

Zip give me a ring man. i am trying to plana trip to az early next year. a friend i haveving seen since 02 lives there and called me and wants me to viisit.

got some nice turbo blankets put on to helpwith the master cylinder getting pretty hot. i really want to put te 6 piston brakes on to be safer on the street. this thing on the top end pull stupid and tunng is a chore. i need new rubber on the 22's as well as some new chrome on one as it started to peel. im thinking of selling the radials to fund some 305/22/40 bfg kdw softies . i think they would work just fine at the strip since they are some what soft.

anywho hit a nice size road bump again and im issuing a

WARNING

ALL ATI DAMPER OWNERS

remove all the counter sunk torque head bolts and 12 point a/c pulley bolts and red lock tite them . they like to come loose. one day i found a couple loose as i developed a squeak i thought was a idlers. re installed them tightly drove the truck 10 miles and had alreadylost a couple and sheered one of the onger 5/16 x 3" bolts and im trying to remove this ballance with one arm . its reallyhard . i have all the piping for the i/c off allthe bolt out and the front hub off. the bolt is broken off in the a/c 4 rib pulley side and will require remoaval and thread chasing and an entire bottle of red lock tite . its amazing what will power can do when your a gimp.

on a side note ive taken my splint off early as im fed up with it and cant take it anymore . i can get my elbow to 90 degrees but can oly straghten it to abput 130 degrees . i dont know if i will ever get full range back as it is painful. still no feeling in my pinky it feels so weird to try and grab something with my righ hand. i have no muscle in my arm at all and have lost neary 50 lbs from my weight a yearago ( i am under 160 lbs right now , normally i walkaround 180+ and lean )

cool thing happened last weekend , went tomy company christmas party and got lucky in the raffle

won two awesome prizes

first was 2 air plane tickets anywhwere in the usa , my choice just gotta give a two month notice

also won a nice hp desktop computer with 19 monitor and all.

been watching alot of netflix.

Dexter and Sons of anarchy are my new favortie things. great tv.

hope to get new bolt for the balancer after my dr appt tomorrow . tuning should commece next week and track hopefully early next month.