Tow/haul Button

Mine still goes into OD. It increases the shift point and pressure. Also, it will hold a gear for a lot longer, like if you take your foot off the gas, it'll hold that gear for if you are coasting. It also allows the engine to provide more of an engine brake to assist in slowing a trailer.

Edited by FireRescueSS (see edit history)

I always wondered what that button would change. But if you have a tuned PCM "GO wheatley GO :o)" and never asked for any of the parameters changed in tow mode, would it really make a difference turning it on or affect anything if you use it?

Ok so now I know what it does! If I turn it on when at the track is it going to make my run's any faster?

No. The stock shift points in T/H are 5200/5200 they just shift at a higher speed/rpm ratio so that it pulls a load better under part throttle.

No. The stock shift points in T/H are 5200/5200 they just shift at a higher speed/rpm ratio so that it pulls a load better under part throttle.

T/H mode alters parameters and commands shifting at points of peak power........5200 is around peak HP........

We will alter the shift points with tow haul on upon request

We can set it up for towing or for a race mode

Can you turn the Race mode on on the fly? Say if your cruising with it off then you see that hemi pull up next to you can you jus hit the button and be good to go?

Can you turn the Race mode on on the fly? Say if your cruising with it off then you see that hemi pull up next to you can you jus hit the button and be good to go?

Yup.
:withstupid: I do that all the time.

Mine is setup with higher shift points, zero shift times, different TCC lockup and higher trans pressure with the tow/haul button on. It shift very firm when I have it this way but for lugging around town it is a little to hard so I have it setup much softer in "Normal"(tow/haul off) mode. I can chirp the tires at the 1-2 shift with tow/haul on at light throttle.