Conecting Ball Flange To Pacesetters

Les Hall

My Pacesetter Lt's will be here any day,,I also ordered This 3" flange Kit from summit,, (thanks Terry :thumbs: )

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...mp;autoview=sku

I was thinking about having the flange kit welded on the collectors BEFORE I put the headers on,,, I've seen post about these being a tight fit,,,If I put this flange on before installing headers will they be in the way???

I also planned on welding the other end on the cats,,That way the exhaust shop could do a better job with easier access,,maybe even save me a few$$ on the install,,,After putting the headers on I would connect the Cat by bolting the flange together then drive it to the shop & all they'd have left would be to connect my existing exhaust to my cats,,,,Less time on the rack since Im allready gonna be in they're parking lot for around an hour after I install my re-tune from Wheatley,,,Anyone think the flange will get in the way?

Your welcome. They might be, plus the flange may bang on a few things while trying to install. It's already tight enough. The pass. side will give you a little trouble getting it in there. So to be honest, I would wait until you go to the shop. Plus you want to make sure that eveything will have the clearance and the bolts will be accessible. The bends that they will have to do may cause them grief if they flanges are not welded in the right angle for them. Sorry, I know your trying to save some $$$, but it might cost you more if the have to cut them off and re-weld. This way, they can start from scratch.

Terry

Your welcome. They might be, plus the flange may bang on a few things while trying to install. It's already tight enough. The pass. side will give you a little trouble getting it in there. So to be honest, I would wait until you go to the shop. Plus you want to make sure that eveything will have the clearance and the bolts will be accessible. The bends that they will have to do may cause them grief if they flanges are not welded in the right angle for them. Sorry, I know your trying to save some $$$, but it might cost you more if the have to cut them off and re-weld. This way, they can start from scratch.

Terry

Makes since to me bro,, Thanks!