Extended Warrenty

JF-03-SS

I know that some of our trucks (mines a '03) are starting to get "old" and many are out of warrenty. My SSS has been covered by a factory GMPP since I bought it new 3/05 and will be running out in May '09. I got some quotes to cont. factory coverage (GMPP) up to 100,000 miles (current milage is 38,450) and the prices sound pretty damn good.

My options are:

4yr/100,000 $1579.00

5yr/100,000 $1619.00 (prob. going to do this one) :chevy:

6yr/100,000 $1769.00

What do you guys have or what are you looking to get and what did you pay? I know many of you have to many mods to bother extending your warrenty (wish I had that prob. myself) :cheers:

I got gm major gaurd with Zero deductible untill 2012 or 80,xxx miles

I think I paid like 1300-1400 dont remember... But definetly worth it!

Well you have an 03 with under 40k?? wow so wou really dont drive it much.... I would pay the extra hundred bucks for the year being that your mileage is so low.

My warranty is up soon, but seeing how I never used it since I got the truck I'm not sure if I will get an extended warranty. As I want to beef up the trans and other parts I don't feel like things should break and if they did it'd be covered anyways. Everything that has gone wrong wasn't covered under warranty so yeah.

Ready for it???.....Seriously...hold onto your pants.

My extended warranty is with-------drumroll------FORD!!!

just did thepowertrane *sp*...for 820.00 ish for 5 years/100,000 (I have 32K).

You're not alone. The Ford dealer was the only one with a used sss in stock within 80miles. They just paid over$4k to fix my front gears/pinion bearing and a trans pump leak.

Scott, I can't believe you've never had warranty issue. That's gotta be a record for an SSS.

My extended warranty is up in a few months and I'm not renewing it. I cringe every time I take the SS in to the dealer for anything. I've got a buddy that has forgotten more about fixing trucks than any of the so-call certified techs will ever know, and between him and I, we'll get the job done.

My extended warranty is up in a few months and I'm not renewing it. I cringe every time I take the SS in to the dealer for anything....

:withstupid: I'm with Ray there. I've only had the truck in twice; once for a recall on the tailgate cables and once for an HVAC problem that took them a week to fix. I do not like to bring it to the dealer!

he said extended warranty. . . . :D uh the warranty stops when the go fast parts go in :jester:

So true Art. I love playing with the salesman on the phone that call about an extended warrenty. I talk for 10 minutes and ask questions about internal engine issues and if it will be covered...after a good conversation, I unload and tell them the truth. They usually stop me when I say it has a direct port nitrous system on it.

You're not alone. The Ford dealer was the only one with a used sss in stock within 80miles. They just paid over$4k to fix my front gears/pinion bearing and a trans pump leak.

Scott, I can't believe you've never had warranty issue. That's gotta be a record for an SSS.

It's because they don't cover things that always go out on the trucks. They're sneaky like that.