What Do You Guys Think Of The Solstice Gxp?

KissMySilvSS

Here is goes...go easy on me! I'M NOT GETTING RID OF MY TRUCK! :chevy:

My fiance and I are getting married in June. After the wedding/honeymoon are over/payed for I'd like to start looking for a car. Something that would be fun to cruise in and modify a little, and that the misses could drive.... without me pulling my hair out. I might be looking for a used GXP Turbo 5-Spd Man. that I could pick up fairly cheap at wholesale through our dealership. Right now the prices are very reasonable for 2007's and 2008's with low miles at the GM/GMAC auctions.

I'm thinking of doing the GM Performance Stage I kit which boosts the HP to around 300, as well as a GMPP CAI and Hahn BOV to start. I love black, but I really like the way these cars look in Bright Red or Steel Grey. Most likely tint the windows and lower it a tad...maybe wheels down the road.

So what do you guys think of them? I'm really not a convertible guy at all...or want the wind blowing through my hair...HA HA, but I have always liked the look of these little cars. I do not like the new hardtop coupe at all...so thats out! So for $mid teens I could have a 300HP+ little pocket rocket :P

My wife has one - it's like a go-cart....soo fun to drive.

Agreed - no room for anything...we take my truck on trips but for around town its a blast. Top is super easy to put up/down also.

I've read that you can crank up the boost to 20psi with race fuel. I think all you need is a manual pop off valve.

With the mods I have listed, the guys over at solsticeforum are saying around 22-23 PSI from what they have seen on their own GXP's. I'll have to do some more research.

I know there really isn't that much room in the car as far as cargo space. With the top up there is a little more for an overnight trip maybe. I'm 6' tall and I actually feel pretty comfortable in the car with the top up.

Keep the comments coming guys, I appreciate the input! :cheers:

Well rumor has it GM is soon dropping the Pontiac line, and the GM Performance Team has been disbanned. So in short, I say if you like the car you'd better get one QUICK!!

I heard that, then I heard that GM is going to keep Pontiac for their sport line. Dropping all models but the G8, Solstice, etc. Don't know how true it is either way. We are a Pontiac dealer and haven't heard anything official. I know Pontiac is losing the Torrent model, 2010 it will become a GMC Terrain or All-Terrain.