Who Use A 4" Exhaust Tail Pipe In A Ss Silverado?

fastsspr

Hi i want to know if any of you install a 4" exhaust in a 6.0l truck and if it not much to ask

how you feel the results?Thanks

I have 2005 SS silverado and is my daily driver vehicle,i want to make it a little more faster but without compromising reliability of it. The only mod i had is a volant CAI.Thanks

I have no experience making fast a truck but i sold my 98 ss Camaro and i had a 4" mufflex exhaust in the car with factory motor with every single bolt on in it.And i loved how 4" worked with the 5.7liter. I ran 12.4s @ 115 miles in 1/4mi.

I just thogth that probably the 6.0l motor use even better the 4",my only consern is lost of low end torque and the weigth of the truck to launch it!

So you thinhk 3" is the way to go.I not plan to make many mods. Just have fun the street!

4" tailpip isnt a major factor. the pipes up to the muffler have more effect on the motor. the SS comes with duals from factory. ppl then toss on dual 2.5 or even dual 3" that right there is 5" to 6" of exhaust diameter, a 4" tailpipe is smaller diameter. Also alot of ppl exit the exhaust out the front of wheel, so if you install a 4" tailpipe that exits out behind the tire your doing basically the same as having it exit out the side but will actually be quieter using similar mufflers

Like stated most people run dual 2.5" or dual 3". Now I am not claiming to be any sort of master on exhaust, because believe me I am not. I think alot of it is going to depend on the size pipe up to the muffler and where you plan to dump it. I have only seen one person running a 4" cat back and he said he was planning to go SC soon so he needed a little more breathing room. You dont want your exhaust to be so wide open that you have no back pressure. Yes back pressure can rob you of some power but you do need some to run efficiently. So like I said alot of it is going to depend on your other exhaust plans. Headers, cats, mufflers, x-pipes, etc. The other thing is going to be what you are looking for more, looks, power, or sound.

I dont think anything that I just said is helpful, but just throwing out what I thought.

Rob

its not backpressure...its velocity, scalvenging of pulses and heat. ppl confuse simple saying of backpressure with the right theory.

larger pipes cool air and slow down the pulses, smaller pipes are hotter air and faster pulses but having to small of a pipe will cause the pulses to start to roll among themselves. to large of a pipe and the pulses create turbulance since they cant escape fast enough. ppl say they lost power, NO you didnt lose power you just moved your power up higher in a different part of powerband. ths is why you have to truely decide what your goals are for optimal exhaust.

I run a open 4" exhaust on my 4.8, my exhaust pipe is cool to touch after driving for an hour of normal driving. i beat on my truck and go touch it and its hot for a short time. the 4" allows my exhaust to cool faster. it works for me but doesnt mean it will work for you

its not backpressure...its velocity, scalvenging of pulses and heat. ppl confuse simple saying of backpressure with the right theory.

larger pipes cool air and slow down the pulses, smaller pipes are hotter air and faster pulses but having to small of a pipe will cause the pulses to start to roll among themselves. to large of a pipe and the pulses create turbulance since they cant escape fast enough. ppl say they lost power, NO you didnt lose power you just moved your power up higher in a different part of powerband. ths is why you have to truely decide what your goals are for optimal exhaust.

I run a open 4" exhaust on my 4.8, my exhaust pipe is cool to touch after driving for an hour of normal driving. i beat on my truck and go touch it and its hot for a short time. the 4" allows my exhaust to cool faster. it works for me but doesnt mean it will work for you

Thanks for correcting my ideas. Like I said def no expert. But I def learned something new.

This is my daily driver so i not want to mess with many mods with my truck just a few mods to make it more fun. In Puerto Rico, are many Harley Davidson and lightnings moded running well so i'm not want to be there toy.My plan is use a set of JBA hedders with1 5/8 primary tubes but honestly i'm looking for a set of 1 3/4 shot hedders for not to change the factory configuration on the exahust.But i don't of somebody who makes them has a bolt on mod.Them delete the cats with the factory pipes into a ypipe (2.5 to 4") them into a 4" magnaflow with a 4" tailpipe to the factory location . After that a good program to squeeze the most out of the mods.