Close Call

detjoe

So I take the truck out lastnight to clean the rotors off, a few 40-0 stops. The second one the pedal goes to the floor. I dont think much of it Bc when you hard stop these trucks some times it takes alot of pedal, second one it does it again and I get the DIC service brake system message! SO I try a few more stops and nothing! Get out and my front pass side is leaking like crazy. I dont know if it was the line (hope not they are SS braided) or the caliper. Oh well glad I have some new brakes sitting there :cheers:

Just glad I did not crash

and now when I pull out my Zo6 brakes I can tell my wife my old ones were shot :jester:

I had that happen on my 68 gmc once!!! It had Drun brakes all the way around!!! Well when i hit the brakes the samething happened it went to the floor Well i got homa and when i pulled the front wheel off teh entire front of the drum cme off!!!! CRAZY!!!!

... I can tell my wife my old ones were shot :jester:

Tell her even though they weren't shot they were an accident waiting to happen anyways. '03-04 brakes are just horrid, the brakes on my '73 Chevy stop 5x better than the stock SSS brakes :mad:

Very glad to hear you didn't rack it up.

Mr. P.

I know the feeling Joe! I took my truck out and when i got to the bottom of the big hill by my house, the peddle went to the floor. I have NO vacuum with this cam and the brakes feel it if I am coasting and need to stop quick.

Glad you were able to real her in without damage. :chevy: