Test Drove A New Challenger

funceca88

so i just got off work and had nothing better to do :oops: and i said, what the hell, might ass well go test drive a car or two :devil: , keep in mind if test driven a lot of cars :D {jetta jti, 04 svt cobra, o8 mustang gt, and 98 corvette}.

so i went and they had 2 of these awesome beast, the first one was the srt8, black on black :drool: , with navygation, sunroof, fully loaded, 'did i mention it had the 6.1 liter hemi' :eek: ., and they also had this silver r/t model, it was preety much nothing more than a car and engine really.

i tried to convince the guy to let me test drive the srt model but he wouldnt budge, but i got to drive the r/t model, man what a disapointmen, i dont know if it nedds to be tuned better or what :confused: , i mean my truck wasnt that boring when it was all stock.

poor accelaration and yawn from me is all that came out :nonod::oops: , i think the srt model has more balls but i may never find out.

but on the pluss side the guy tolled me i could take it home :pimp: for 0 down and get this, 832 $ a month :noway: , i said no thanks :ughdance:

Tony Herter's 2009 Dodge R/T with a 5.7 Hemi went 13.12 at over 108mph DEAD STOCK.

Alot of guys have ran very low 13s in R/T 5.7 Hemi Challengers. Many are quicker than alot of posted SRT8 Challenger times. They are pretty impressive cars at the track from what I have seen.

Did they let you take out a new Challenger by yourself and go pound on it? lol Let me know the dealership, I have posting buddies with itchy right feet!

;)

when they first came out i dunno like 6 months or so ago a guy brought on to the track not sure if it was the 6.1 or 5.7 but it was not impressive at all. ran mid 13's all night long, the only thing cool about anything is after the night he had to go buy new rubber!

Tony Herter's 2009 Dodge R/T with a 5.7 Hemi went 13.12 at over 108mph DEAD STOCK.

Alot of guys have ran very low 13s in R/T 5.7 Hemi Challengers. Many are quicker than alot of posted SRT8 Challenger times. They are pretty impressive cars at the track from what I have seen.

Did they let you take out a new Challenger by yourself and go pound on it? lol Let me know the dealership, I have posting buddies with itchy right feet!

;)

its the one here in san diego, i think its carl burger dodge

The SRT is WAY different than the RT.

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8

0 to 60 mph: 4.8 sec (Car and Driver Test Results)

1/4 Mile Time: 13.3 sec (Car and Driver Test Results)

I have had one since last July....

Challenger_Full_Upper4_ebay.jpg

Challenger_Full_Upper3_ebay.jpg

Edited by AUTOGUY (see edit history)

The SRT is WAY different than the RT.

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8

0 to 60 mph: 4.8 sec (Car and Driver Test Results)

1/4 Mile Time: 13.3 sec (Car and Driver Test Results)

2008s were all 6.1 automatic SRT8 cars.

2009 R/T Challengers have pulled better than 13.3 times at the track with the 5.7 MDS engine dead stock, and alot of SRT8 cars have been mid 13s, some even higher!

Weird!

My buddy went 12.93 at 107.75 mph dead stock in a Chrysler 300 SRT8 at Mission Raceways, which is faster than most of the Challenger times I have seen.

:confused: