Ls Rebuild Part 2

Merc Dr.

Look to the bottom for mod updates!

This weekend March 21-22 Spike is replaying the LS rebuild episode part 2. They dyno the motor after refreshing it. They also try a new cam and lifters to see what power it develops.

Edited by Merc Dr. (see edit history)

Sorry I didn't get back to the site before the show to answer your question. If you stillwant to see it there is a way to download it on iTunes. I found it on the "horsepowertv.com", but you can probaby find it on iTunes as well.

Recap:

Stock LQ4 out of a'05 GMC 2500 series truck

Rebuilt(freshened) and installed a Sprectre intake, electric water pump, CAI, long tube headers, and a custom tune. 386HP/396trq.

Installed SLP 1.85 rocker arms, new Comp Cams "beehive" valve springs, and new cam(240 Intake 224 exhaust 112 seperation) for 411HP/Torque not stated(looked like 390). They did say the torque dropped off which is a normal trade off for horsepower.

Part 3 is this weekend 3/29 at 10am central. They are just installing a FAST intake and dynoing it to see if they can get more power. I'm sure they'll review the entire build for anyone that missed it.

Part 3:

Installed Fast intake, "Big Mouth" TB, 24lb./4hole taller injectors, bigger fuel rails, reprogram PCM for add-ons which included changing the timing 10*. It sounded like a shop vac with all the air it was sucking. It made 430hp/405trq. on first pull. As the computer adjusted itself after a few pulls it made 514hp/481trq! All of this with no cyl boring or head porting.

I watched it as well. Did anyone notice that they didn't even mention anything about water pump interferance with that intake? How come, I thought that that was a major drawback to these intakes??

They didn't mention it because there isn't an accessory drive on that motor....and they used an electric water pump for the dyno test.....

They didn't mention it because there isn't an accessory drive on that motor....and they used an electric water pump for the dyno test.....

Well I understand that. My point was that they do these show for to it your self guys and they show a budget build, yet they neglect to mention potential problems when doing the build in the real world.

Rob