Need Advice For Clean All Around System

I want nothing flashy, just super clean, almost OEM appearing. I have a AVH-P4000DVD HU and everything else will be swapped. I want a recomendation for a rear underseat that will be a good compromise for all types of music, replacement mids and highs and amps / crossovers to run them. Not looking to bump for a quater mile, just good solid bass (not too boomy) with balanced mids.highs. Not building a competion rig by any means. Been out of the game for a while, so would like to hear some opinions.

Also, my HU just has F/R outputs, would you drive all the Components off of the front output and just the subs off of the rears?

Thanks

I have 2 - 8" subs in a nice custom grey enclosure under the seat driven by a mid level amp. Soon to upgrade stock speakers to a mid-upper level set. I'll have a separate amp to help power them. Not sure on the head unit yet, but i have something in mind. I've gone this route before. You doing the work yourself? I have a great stereo shop i get advice and products from . If i can do it myself, i do. Otherwise i let them do the rest. Great advice on the right amps for the right speakers. This route has gone well in the past. With a good amp and speakers, you'll do well on sound and the 8's will give you plenty of great sounding bass without disturbing the neighbors. If you want the name of the shop just to call for advice, PM me. I don't have the time to do alot of this and i honestly don't have a fraction of the knowledge that a lot of guys on here have. Good luck !

Here is mine. I have the same head unit and mine makes some nice sound. 10" P1 Fosgate subs, custom box, Diamond Audio HEX 6.5 components up front, Diamond Audio plates in rear doors, Fosgate P300 mono amp, Fosgate P400-4 amp. System hits hard and plays loud. Install is nice and clean.

DSC03394.jpg

I've got two 12" jl w3s that are really nice not to loud but still noticable from a car over when sitting at a red light. its powered by a 1000 watt alpine amp which seems to do the job pretty good. for speakers i just left them stock because they do sound pretty good already. for other companies i would go with memphis,dd,orion,jl, those are all great companies. memphis is prob your best bang for your buck.

here is my lil system...sold it recently...but im working on sumthing new

dual batteries

145amp alternator

2 10'' diamond audio d9 subs

diamond audio d6 front componets with tweeters molded into the a pillars

diamond audio d3 400.2 for tweets

diamond audio d3 400.4 for mids

2 diamond d3 600.1 for each sub

post-17461-1237669224_thumb.jpg

post-17461-1237669242_thumb.jpg

post-17461-1237669266_thumb.jpg

post-17461-1237669280_thumb.jpg

post-17461-1237669321_thumb.jpg

dynamat the shit outta yer truck....i would go with image dynamics cxs series with a zapco 1000.4 amp

for subs i would go for image dynamics idmax 8's

power them with a arc audio 1000.1

that should b clean as hell and sound loud both bass wise and cleanliness

dynamat the shit outta yer truck....i would go with image dynamics cxs series with a zapco 1000.4 amp

for subs i would go for image dynamics idmax 8's

power them with a arc audio 1000.1

that should b clean as hell and sound loud both bass wise and cleanliness

Tryin not to hijack BIG, so let me know if you think i am and i'll post new thread, but hope this helps you too. What's with all the diamond component fanatics? Is it that good of a product? And, is there a good place to research dynamatting to include install?

Tryin not to hijack BIG, so let me know if you think i am and i'll post new thread, but hope this helps you too. What's with all the diamond component fanatics? Is it that good of a product? And, is there a good place to research dynamatting to include install?

Diamond Audio is a great product, but I guess it is all in what you like. As for the Dynamat check out there web site. They have some good info and some how to stuff on install. Hope that helps.

ok being around car audio for 7 years and installing for 4 professionally, the price for JL vs the quality of jl is not worth it. if u want clean sound for cheap, 2 10" kicker dual 2 ohm cvr's powered by a 750.1 will sound great. as for mids and highs, either focals or kicker rs. components are the way to go now with a good crossover that comes with it powered by a kicker 350.4......not to bash on anyones setup but kicker is the way to go.

my setup.

kicker 1500.1 with 2 kkr cvx dual 2 ohm 12's

kicker 350.4 pushing polk momos up front, and 4x6 custom components in the back.

i have 140sqft alone of fatmat which is cheaper and thicker than dynamat.

just my opinion....

Edited by 8 UR HMI (see edit history)