Need Advice For Clean All Around System

Thanks for the input guys, not looking to break the bank on Audio or win any sound comps, but do want to sound nice and crisp. You have given me a lot to think about. Oh, and keep it coming if you've got more input, thanks

Edited by BigCountry (see edit history)

I specifically chose PPI and MB Quart for their cleanliness and how loud they would go without making a distorted or crackling noise. As for the JL woofer, it has one massive magnet which is perfect. This was 9 years ago, I have stayed away from this stuff as it would just draw attention to my truck and some fags might get jealous.

Dont know what type of security you have, but you might want to up-the-anti on that part to protect your knew boom.

I refuse to buy JL audio. I bought some quite a few years ago. I went through 2 sets in a month under warranty. I brought back to stereo shop. They checked the size of my box and amp set up and said it was perfect. They gave me a set of Kickers instead. They lasted ten years before I sold them.

Fast4popper and I installed a MTX thunder forms under the rear seat, 2 10's already has amp with the box. integrated it into stock radio for now with ipod adapter.. sounds great, will be upgrading head unit to Kenwood or Alpine, .. we wired it with another set of rca's for a second amp which will already fit on the top of the box, MTX had a spot already there for some one to upgrade to run the other speakers, hopefully within a month i will be doing the upgrades, so some pics will be coming.. look at the MTX speakers and the Polk Audio, call me bias but after being in Chris's truck and seeing and hearing first hand both of these brands of speakers, they kick BUTT !! MTX continues to put out a good product and thru Chris I have picked up some good friends from there.. wish i could upload some pics, they are on my facebook.. pics of the 24" speaker cone that MTX produces !! holy crap its huge.. anyway thats one fellow SS'ers opinion. just listen, listen, listen, research and you find what makes you happy..

i have one 8" square solobarac it hit very hard. ill put up to 2 12's any day guarantee. travis (uncald4) built my system for me. here is the link to his page

www.gigharborautoworks.com

ill get some pics up for ya asap

• 2 weeks later...

All these systems are great combos, I own a stereo and window tint shop (THE CLEANIST IN CENTRAL TEXAS, BAR NONE!) The best bang for the buck and quality sound is going to be with Polk audio, Ive got 2 polk MM 12" dvc and a 2000 watt monoblock amp in a dowfire probox, polk MM 6.5 door speakers and 4x6 in rear with a pioneer avic f90bt head unit......it bangs.....clean. im a authorized Polk and Arc audio dealer, arc is the shit but a little high. Kicker is cool, bangs good, but trendy as hell. just my 2cents.