Another Electrical Question.

Merc Dr.

I noticed the other day when I unlocked my truck with the remote the front lights didn't blink. I hit it twice to make sure. Now it seems to work. I got in my truck this morning, started it up, and had no digital readout on my radio or dash cluster( both factory), even though the radio was playing. I turned it off and on, no luck. I drove for a minute and it all came back on. Does anyone know if the two are linked anywhere(common ground)? Everything else seems to be fine.

P.S. It rained last night.

I noticed the other day when I unlocked my truck with the remote the front lights didn't blink. I hit it twice to make sure. Now it seems to work. I got in my truck this morning, started it up, and had no digital readout on my radio or dash cluster( both factory), even though the radio was playing. I turned it off and on, no luck. I drove for a minute and it all came back on. Does anyone know if the two are linked anywhere(common ground)? Everything else seems to be fine.

P.S. It rained last night.

that's weird. not sure if they are link so I've got no help for you. bump to the top. maybe somebody will have an answer for you.

It did it again. Thae dash issue that is. Haven't noticed the headlight problem. I started the truck and no digital readout on the dash (odometer area) or radio. I tried turning the truck off and on a couple times and had no luck. I was hoping it was key switch issue. I guess I'll be looking for loose grounds and wires today. Anyone know if there is a relay that triggers the readout to come on?

I believe that there is a ground that is problematic on our trucks, might be on the back of the cab on the driver's side?? Not sure if it will cause the problems that you describe, but I know that I've read of a ground issue on PerformanceTrucks.net...

On the bottom or between the cab and bed?

I'm really not sure, but I believe that it's on the driver's side, bolted to the cab somewhere? Might have to crawl under there with a flashlight and look for ground straps in that area (to the cab, frame, etc.) Sorry that I don't have more precise info than that :(