Almost Had A Break In

hey guys this is my first post and i wish it was about somethin else,but i need some help.i heard my alarm goin off last night and walked outside and saw my hid's flashin,so i walked over and seen a gold chevy parked the wrong way as i got closer to my truck i heard the other truck runnin,i got a bad vibe and turned around,ii unlocked the truck and then locked it.the truck heard me lock it and took off behind me.after it left i went back and discovered they jammed a screwdriver under my lock breaking my door handle and putting a hole in my door..it was a gold crew cab chevy about a '99 to an '03 style with 12000k hid's and a smashed front driver side fender,i live in the southwest are of las vegas...anyways on to my question,is there a back plate or some type of anti theft plate that goes around the door handle so they cant pry on the lock and handle,,thanx for all your input and help

Welcome to the site, sorry to hear the news. Thefts of SSS's have gone up considerably in that area apparently. There is a device called the Jimmi Jammer I believe that blocks off the area behind the door handle, search it here and it will come up......

EDIT.......here is the link to the Jimmi Jammer.....

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=51960

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

jimmi jammer. I have all the parts they offer on my truck. well almost. waiting for a nice day to do the doors. yea, i know, the most important part. the hood, tailgate, and taillight screws took no time to install. the doors will be more involved. at least you stopped it!!! be on your guard though. the jimmi jammer stuff ships from AZ so it will be to you in no time.

thanx guys,i got a qoute from a body shop its gonna cost over $1100,its gonna cost me about $400 with the jimmi jammer and they're install and my insurance deductable.not too happy considering i just registered it today,oh well,stuff happens.

thanx guys,i got a qoute from a body shop its gonna cost over $1100,its gonna cost me about $400 with the jimmi jammer and they're install and my insurance deductable.not too happy considering i just registered it today,oh well,stuff happens.

the good thing is that you heard the alarm, something similar happened to me like a month ago but they also damaged the ignition switch and the cost of everything was 2300, you better be extra careful with your truck from now on :chevy:

• 2 weeks later...
hey guys this is my first post and i wish it was about somethin else,but i need some help.i heard my alarm goin off last night and walked outside and saw my hid's flashin,so i walked over and seen a gold chevy parked the wrong way as i got closer to my truck i heard the other truck runnin,i got a bad vibe and turned around,ii unlocked the truck and then locked it.the truck heard me lock it and took off behind me.after it left i went back and discovered they jammed a screwdriver under my lock breaking my door handle and putting a hole in my door..it was a gold crew cab chevy about a '99 to an '03 style with 12000k hid's and a smashed front driver side fender,i live in the southwest are of las vegas...anyways on to my question,is there a back plate or some type of anti theft plate that goes around the door handle so they cant pry on the lock and handle,,thanx for all your input and help

Dude you shoulda hopped in your ride and ran him down and broke some legs for compensation! hellz yeah! lol