Problems With My Father Vette!

rojo_143

Alright my father has a 2004 Chevy Corvette with 17,XXX miles on it. He stores is through the winter in a climate controlled garage. The other day he pulled it out to change the oil and the gauges did not come on when he turnned the key(the tach, speedo,gas gauge, water temp, etc..) he said this has happened a couple other times while driving with the tach only but it always came back on with in a few seconds. This time when they went off all of the gauges died he still has some of the lights to the gauges like blinker lights, engine light, high beams and a few others. He is still able to start the car but as soon as he tries to drive it, it stalls out. He has tried moving it three or four times and everytime it stalls. He has tried disconnecting the battery and resetting the computer under the passenger flooboard with no results. i told him about our gauge problem but i don't know if that applies to vette's or not. Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this??

i am not for sure i live in maine and my father is in michigan the only thing i can do is realy the info you guys give me to him and see if it make a difference. would the VATS system make all of the gauges not opperate correctly?

i am not for sure i live in maine and my father is in michigan the only thing i can do is realy the info you guys give me to him and see if it make a difference. would the VATS system make all of the gauges not opperate correctly?

On SOME vehicles it's the other way around. The IPC connector on a Dodge minivan can prevent a minivan from starting all by itself, and the guages will all drop to zero.. The Vette I'm not sure of....