Socal Diesel Overhead Gauge Mounts

Hey guys...

I've decided to go forward with my Maggy install and have also decided to get the overhead gauge mount from socal diesel as pictured here.

Gaug_Mount_Black_Switches_2.jpg

I'm going to mount my SM-AFR DM5 Wideband and my vacuum/boost gauge as well there. I have no clue how to route the wiring from this location through the firewall and can't find anything on the site either. Any help greatly appreciated. Also, are the wires long enough to get to the 02 bung that I am going to have welded on? thanks again

Bill

Under the headliner and down the A pillar is the only way I can think to route it. The wires are gonna be tight, but you should be able to lengthen them if need be. I installed my SM-AFR sensor module under my cup holders in my center console and punched a hole in my tranny hump to run the Sensor harness through and used a gromet to seal it up. I ended up with plenty extra wire and it is tucked up nicely out of the way. If you decide to go throught the firewall, the best spot that I've found is above the accelerator pedal, there is a flat spot that you can cut a hole and place a install a gromet that is easy access from under the hood as well as under the dash. The spot is easy to find as the insulation is allready cut out there. Hope that helps.

Under the headliner and down the A pillar is the only way I can think to route it. The wires are gonna be tight, but you should be able to lengthen them if need be. I installed my SM-AFR sensor module under my cup holders in my center console and punched a hole in my tranny hump to run the Sensor harness through and used a gromet to seal it up. I ended up with plenty extra wire and it is tucked up nicely out of the way. If you decide to go throught the firewall, the best spot that I've found is above the accelerator pedal, there is a flat spot that you can cut a hole and place a install a gromet that is easy access from under the hood as well as under the dash. The spot is easy to find as the insulation is allready cut out there. Hope that helps.

That's a great idea under the cup holders. I was just trying to see the how everyone was routing prior to me having any issues. Thanks for the response :thumbs:

That's a great idea under the cup holders. I was just trying to see the how everyone was routing prior to me having any issues. Thanks for the response :thumbs:

Fits nicely along with the PLX OBDII module (I'm running a DM-100 gauge). I used velcro to hold them in place and they are easily accesable for connecting the tuning cable. I plan to install my boost and fuel pressure sensor modules there too.

Fits nicely along with the PLX OBDII module (I'm running a DM-100 gauge). I used velcro to hold them in place and they are easily accesable for connecting the tuning cable. I plan to install my boost and fuel pressure sensor modules there too.

I may do the same thing. My 2 gauges in the overhead will be the PLX AFR and the PLX fuel/boost gauge. I just can't get used to the A pillar style.