Aem Brute Force Intake

NashSS

I have a AEM Brute force intake on my truck and i wanna clean it soon and was on aem's website and they have both a oiled air filter cleaner and a dryflow air filter cleaner and i cant seem to find if the brute force intake has a dryflow filter or not. if not they offer a dryflow filter for my intake for around 60 bucks shipped but if i already have one then theres no point in replacing it and i can just clean it but i cant find the info im seeking. im sure im not the only one with a aem intake so please help me out here guys. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

well i just went outside and blew out my filter and cleaned some of the crap out of it and it is a redish looking filter with aem on the end of it. it doesn't say dryflow anywhere. Would it be worth it to change it to a dryflow or should I just keep the filter that came on it and just clean it?

well i just went outside and blew out my filter and cleaned some of the crap out of it and it is a redish looking filter with aem on the end of it. it doesn't say dryflow anywhere. Would it be worth it to change it to a dryflow or should I just keep the filter that came on it and just clean it?

Just keep the one you got, the only reason the dryflow is better is because the oil from the red filter can mess up the maf sometimes. I'm running the oiled filter on my aem with no problems just make sure you let it sit overnight after oiling.

Hey Nash, you can use any air filter cleaning kit. My girl has an Air Raid CAI on her 07 Avalanche 4x4. I just buy the K&N cleaning kit and clean it every 5K when I change out the Mobil 1 engine oil. So this way no shipping and handling or waiting ya know, but it's up to you. I'd just keep the one that's there and clean it this way....BTW, I'm running an AEM CAI with the dry filter, I'd so rather just change em out than clean, re-oil, wait to penetrate, re-install, and wash up lol.

Edited by Bad aSS Silvy (see edit history)

Just keep the one you got, the only reason the dryflow is better is because the oil from the red filter can mess up the maf sometimes. I'm running the oiled filter on my aem with no problems just make sure you let it sit overnight after oiling.

Smart words to live by. Sometimes people don't wait long enough for the oil to dry. Then it builds up on the MAF and collects dirt causing problems.

Edited by Eddie (see edit history)