Cold Air Intake

catdaddy300

ok so is anyone else out there using like 3 different air intake setups....lol i have a Volant and i clean it with the k&n kit and before i drive to TX i am going to buy the AEM filter to put in place of the filter i have now bc its in bad shape!!!

ok so is anyone else out there using like 3 different air intake setups....lol i have a Volant and i clean it with the k&n kit and before i drive to TX i am going to buy the AEM filter to put in place of the filter i have now bc its in bad shape!!!

do you oil it like a kn?

AEM offers a dry filter, as does Amsoil. I have the Amsoil dry filter in mine (pn: EAAU6080 ) :)

It just touches the lid a little bit, but not engough to casue any problems, the lid still closes and tightens up

6489990165_large.jpg

100_2158.jpg

Volant filter on left, Amsoil on right

Edited by budhayes3 (see edit history)

If you're planning to get a new one I would suggest a dry filter. Only reason being is that so many people have issues with the MAF getting coated in oil and causeing ill effects. I have a K&N and if I was looking for a new one that is route I would go.

yeah i am going to get the AEM dry filter bc you dont have to oil it and i am driving like 1400 or so miles and i might as well get a new filter for the trip........... or any other suggestions and how do you clean the dry one anyway???

Crap! I just thought of that. I'm going to Wash on Weds., but I forgot to order a re-charging kit. I think our local parts shop has a K&N kit, but not sure if it would work on a Volant? I know this sounds stupid, but would WD40 work? Or would it gum everything up.

Terry

Don't use WD40! It's not technically an oil. It's more like a penetrant. There's another word, but can't think of it. It would say the K&N would be best as last resort, but try emailing Volants tech line first.

While on the phone with one of the major cai companies they said that they do use WD-40. When asking them about waht i could use on their filters he told me, "We use that expensvie stuff in the blue and yellow can..... wd-40". I was told that the red for the k&n and the blue for the volant are dyed so that you can see where you already covered.