Sss Times After Headers/exhaust

BigCountry

Finally made it out to the track. Mods are as follows:

CAI (Outlaw)

Full exhaust (LPP headers, no cats, 4" Corsa diesel exhaust)

Tune (Wester's 93 Hot mail order tune)

Stock Goodyears at 34psi (25k on them)

Bone stock tranny shifting at 5800rpm (30% TM still activated)

No weight reduction at all, ran just like I run everyday:

Bedrug (still damp from the car wash)

Hell, still had my little girls carseat in the back, haha

Drove 45 minutes, checked in and staged, turned a 14.16 @ 95.77 and backed it up with a 14.18 @ 95.52. Track was well prepped and I hooked better than I do on the street, but still had to roll into it a bit. I tried 3 more times with different launching techniques all resulting in wheel spin with times from 14.2 to 14.7. I know it had 13's in it easily with some very mild weight reduction and for sure with slicks, hell maybe with some stock silverado 17" wheels and tires! A Built tranny, TC and the removal of all TM and I'd be golden for sure. All in all it was a good day. There was an SRT8 Jeep with a 426 out there turning mid 12's with a little spin off the line. Also had a red RCSB 5.3 w/ intake, exhaust, tune (Futral Motorsports sticker) and slicks on stock wheels that was running 14.1's as well, would have loved to make a pass on his tires, haha. No idea if he had anything else done because I never saw the guy. When his truck was parked, he was no where to be found.

TrackPic.jpg

DSC00365.jpg

DSC00364.jpg

Edited by BigCountry (see edit history)

wow great times!!! Makes me wonder what i will run next weekend with the same mods, but with AWD and some minor weight reduction! Do you know what the elevation of the track you were at is? what was the temp outside?

you should do well, but it probably takes quite bit of weight reduction just to get an AWD down to the weight of a 2WD. But, your 60 should be a good bit better than mine. The track is pretty close to sea level (18 feet lol) and it was about 65* when I made the runs. I'm kind of wishing I would have taken the time to lighten up a little, but I decided to go at the last minute. The track is 45 minutes away and I had a 3hr window to get back for a B-day party so I was cutting it close.

you should do well, but it probably takes quite bit of weight reduction just to get an AWD down to the weight of a 2WD. But, your 60 should be a good bit better than mine. The track is pretty close to sea level (18 feet lol) and it was about 65* when I made the runs. I'm kind of wishing I would have taken the time to lighten up a little, but I decided to go at the last minute. The track is 45 minutes away and I had a 3hr window to get back for a B-day party so I was cutting it close.

sweet times bro! :cheers: lucky you..having a sea level track :chevy: