Intake Manifold

just what is says make a case for which intake you like and why........i like the fast but dont like the price, i did decide im going to wait and save my pennys for one, what are you guys running or wanting

Wilson FAST 92 here. Proven power over 6K to match a big cam's power curve. Provisions for a direct port nitrous set-up. Recessed rubber gaskets (no paper gaskets). Looks good, low profile. Much lighter than a Vic Jr. or the new Eddlebrock design, takes weight off the front of the truck. Has enough meat to facilitate runner porting (barely IMO).

Cost SUX.

After alot of research, I have finally decided to go with a Fast 92mm LS1 intake manifold for my truck. The cost is absolutely rediculous, but I think it looks the nicest of whats available, and performance wise it is one of the best too.....

...Also keep in mind all of the other issues you need to address with the FAST intake (or car style intakes) such as a new waterpump for clearance (L92, 97 Vette, Mezierre EWP etc.), spacing the WP, cutting / altering of your Alt/PS bracket, belt routing / idler pulley relocation, new belt length, new rad hose length...and of course a new 90MM TB of choice / custom intake tube (if your current one doesn't fit). I also had to do some small trimming of the FAST intake vacuum port near the TB to clear the Alt bracket. I am using car style FAST fuel rails and short injectors so I am not sure however I think you will need to do some fuel rail spacing if using the stock truck rails. With the lower profile intake you will need to address the FRP and X-over on 03 trucks as the huge loop over the intake will look tacky IMHO. If you do all of the fabbing yourself and get rock bottom prices on new parts, a fair LOW estimate would be $1500.00 for the swap.

...or go for a full "car style" accessory set-up off an F-bod however even that will require some cost and location of all the parts.

Either way, you are going to be in for an expensive, time consuming swap and fabbed parts.

Does the end result outweigh the total cost? For me it did however if you are planning on running under 6K rpms with a "mild" cam, you may wish to consider a cheaper similar performing intake. Not to many here are running an aftermarket intake with a 90mm TB and stock heads. I would be interested in the result of that.

With the way I plan to build my LQ9 (WCCH StageII heads and Vinci 220/224 .551 114), and where I drive it most (on the street), I like my current truck manifold. I works fine in the powerband I live in. If I was to put a bigger bumpstick in there and visit the track every weekend instead of just a few times a year (if that much lately), then I might look at a FAST or something like that. I'm very intrigued by the new Edelbrock intake, looking forward to some numbers and seeing how it performs. Richard at WCCH will be testing it soon I'm sure.

i have the LS6 manifold, it seems to be a proven performed intake that pulls all the way to 6500 in modified engines (ei full boltons, cam, etc...)

my stock LQ9 manifold and stock TB pulled all the way to 6500 with my cam and no issues :chevy: