F/s Touchscreen Navigation Radio

kcsilveradoss

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a few questions and they might seem dumb..... this is a OEM head unit? out of what kind of vehicle? what is the "clean sweep" thing and what does it do? does it have a seamless OEM look when its installed? im interested and was curious if this could work, i wanted to buy a TBSS head unit and stick it in my 03 SSS but i was worried it wouldnt work..... i wanna keep my steering wheel buttons working and i want my bose system to not change..... is this all doable? without losing sound quality in my bose speakers?

i have a few questions and they might seem dumb..... this is a OEM head unit? out of what kind of vehicle? what is the "clean sweep" thing and what does it do? does it have a seamless OEM look when its installed? im interested and was curious if this could work, i wanted to buy a TBSS head unit and stick it in my 03 SSS but i was worried it wouldnt work..... i wanna keep my steering wheel buttons working and i want my bose system to not change..... is this all doable? without losing sound quality in my bose speakers?

yes it is an oem unit out of an 05 hummer. clean sweep is a device that takes the factory signal from oem radio and cleans it up to improve the sound quality in a nutshell. yes i have installed it in my truck and it has the "seamless" look as you put it, looks great! i have the same year ss that you do and it will work, it will have to be "unlocked" by a dealer, all they do is disable the vin stored in the radio from my truck and it learns yours. these touchscreen units sell for more on ebay, so if you are price comparing make sure the unit is actually touchscreen, because most on there that i have seen are not.steering wheel controls will work and it is for bose.sound quality will be the same if switching radios only, if adding the cleansweep it will improve.

damn i really wanna do that setup, i have been looking for a GM factory head unit that would fill the GIANT space from the factory head unit and look good, and i want basicall exactly what you have..... im workin on gettin the money together, unless it sold on ebay

damn i really wanna do that setup, i have been looking for a GM factory head unit that would fill the GIANT space from the factory head unit and look good, and i want basicall exactly what you have..... im workin on gettin the money together, unless it sold on ebay

it did not sell, but i relisted it on ebay, it went up to 355 already (auction just started today), i am willing to cancel the auction for someone on here, so let me know.

shaun

i will definatly let you know.... you want 550 for everything?

550 for nav radio, antenna, disc.

700 for nav radio, antenna, disc, cleansweep.

note: the cleansweep is not part of the ebay auction, i left it off.

550 for nav radio, antenna, disc.

700 for nav radio, antenna, disc, cleansweep.

note: the cleansweep is not part of the ebay auction, i left it off.

what is needed to get it to play dvd's??

thanx

what is needed to get it to play dvd's??

thanx

to be quite honest, i dont know the answer to this, im sure someone can chime in. i was going to look into it, but being as im not keeping this, i havent. the guy that installs stereos for our dealer says it can be done also, if i see him tomorrow i will ask him