F/s Touchscreen Navigation Radio

kcsilveradoss

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I've been doing research on doing the install for this. You stated you hooked this up in 10 minutes in your truck. Did that include all the components i.e. VSS and GPS antenna? I checked out a link you posted somewhere with instructions and it said you would have to pull the whole dash apart to include the instrument cluster and AC/HEATER controls. It looked like a nightmare to install.

I've been doing research on doing the install for this. You stated you hooked this up in 10 minutes in your truck. Did that include all the components i.e. VSS and GPS antenna? I checked out a link you posted somewhere with instructions and it said you would have to pull the whole dash apart to include the instrument cluster and AC/HEATER controls. It looked like a nightmare to install.

I dont remember making that post but it depends on if you want the antenna in factory location. if so you only have to remove the top part of the dash, which can be removed in about 15 minutes tops

I just did this install and I'm dumber than a post. I did the install, to include the gps antenna and an iSimple gateway device, in about 30 min. I didn't take the dash top off, but prob will at some point. Just tucked it up under the dash. Everything works great. Install is simply unscrew screws, disconnect/reconnect plug n play and put it back together. Not very involved.

• 3 months later...