Almost Bought This When I Was Gonna Sell The Truck

8 UR HMI

if you heard the trannies were bad why would you consider it with ur recent luck.... :confused:

btw i love the goats with the 6.0 i beleive.... buddy had a blue one with blue interior that was a fun car from the factory

i was gonna keep it 100% stock but my dad said if im gonna build the tranny i had to keep the truck. only has like 37,000 miles but oh well. danny tranny ftw this weekend. plus headlights are getting done and FAST AND FURIOUS friday for mikes bday!!

I almost bought a silver one!!! 04 though!!! Where did you hear that the trannys werent good!!!!

tranny professional.. not to be named . bahahahaha

his exact words "dude the trannys in gtos are worse than ur tranny"

i test drove the 5.7 and 2 6.0 gto's one night when i was thinking of getting rid of the sss and the only feeling i had about the auto 5.7 and 6.0 was that it was a car and it was low, deff didnt feel a whole shitload faster or more fun than the truck, as for the 6.0 6sp.... same as the autos only standard lol nothing like the thrill ride i was expecting after driving a fullsize pickup for a year

gto= not fast feeling :smash:

03-07 Sivlerado SS = 15.0 1/4 mile times

05+ GTO = 13.0's with good driver mod.

If someone cant tell the difference between two seconds in the quarter, their butt dyno is broken!

Bob, If I lived in texas and didnt need anything for towing, I would get a GTO in a heart beat. The auto GTO's have the same transmission your silverado has. Thats why they say they are bad. If you get one, the 6spd is good to mostly 500hp before you get into trouble. The thing about the GTO's is, a good set of heads and cam with headers for about $3-4k will get you 11's. The only reason many of us went with the SS or similar is because we tow stuff, live in wintery climates, are just to big to be comfortable in a sports car, or just wanted something unique that no one else has. I see GTO's all the time but go weeks without seeing an SS.

Last time i went to the track they had a heads and cam auto GtO and he was on the stock tranny!!!!! He said he has been running like that for a while!!!! I think what saves the tranny in the car is when ever you put it into gear the car actually squats and preloads the drive train !!! Next time you see a parked Auto GTO watch it when he piuts it in gear!!!!

Edited by Chevyman03SS (see edit history)