My Latest Project....sandrail..volume 2..lol

heres something to think about

3800 series 2 ( grand prix motor) makes 205hp and 230ftlbs and weights in at 392 lbs ( i was thinkin they were heavier)

2.4 eco tech motor makes 170hp and 170ftlbs and weights in at 273 lbs

my vw motor probly makes 140hp and weights i would think about 260 lbs

Add to the list:

Subaru 2.5 makes 300 hp and weights 320 lbs (includes the turbo, inter-cooler, scoop, flywheel, clutch disk, pressure plate, power steering pump, and exhaust/turbo setup).

also remeber all the hp and weight numbers where n/a.. and the subi was turbo

im sure its alil lighter then 320 with out the turbo.. .. a n/a 2.5 subi makes 165.. so pretty much the same as a eco tech..im not sure what a n/a 2.5 subi weights or what a turbo eco tech motor weighs

but i think you would be able to get the same numbers out of a turbo eco tech motor ?

soo then your compairing apples to apples.. and it seems like a tie... so why not go gm? lol

• 3 weeks later...

ok sooo i had to keep it in the GM family!

i finaly have alil good news... i made my mind up on a motor..... and the WINNER IS!!!!!!!!

meet my first turbo motor....2009 ..2.0 turbo eco tec .. gm take out motor

2literturbo_004.jpg

2literturbo_003.jpg

2literturbo_002.jpg

2literturbo_005.jpg

2literturbo_001.jpg

im pretty excited..almost broke again.. but excited.. the though of 265 stock hp ( im sure will be a lil more when im done >:D) in this light lil package does make me feel better tho :)

that thing is gonna haul A$$

thanks i think its going to.. 300hp in something that weighs like 1200lbs :) thats like 1500hp in are trucks..haha

anyways i got my shocks today..its start to seem like more then just a frame now .. im geeked !

0727091840a.jpg

I didnt read the whole thread, did you consider an L67 3800 series II supercharged motor? They can make ALOT more than 260hp...Turbo 3.8L's are making 400whp in grand prixs fyi...

Also, have you ever shopped Dons sport vehicles in Perry? I was just there for the first time last week picking up a new set of bilsteins for the SS. Nice place and very helpful guys. Looks like sandrails are his main local business.

I didnt read the whole thread, did you consider an L67 3800 series II supercharged motor? They can make ALOT more than 260hp...Turbo 3.8L's are making 400whp in grand prixs fyi...

Also, have you ever shopped Dons sport vehicles in Perry? I was just there for the first time last week picking up a new set of bilsteins for the SS. Nice place and very helpful guys. Looks like sandrails are his main local business.

yes i did consider the l67 motors..im a big fan of any of the 3800s very stong motors ive had a few firebirds with 3800 and they can take an ass whoopin... but for this project..i wanna try to keep it light.. and a 3800 is heavyy. and a supercharged is a tank!

basily i looked at it this way

engine 1 weights 500lbs and makes 240 hp supercharged 3800

engine 2 weights 250lbs and makes 268 hp turbo 2.0 ecotec

stock for stock... i know you can make a ton of power with a 3800 but i think you can make similer power with the turbo ecotec

also something i took in to account was just the eco is a more modern motor..these motors will be alot easyer on my trans because they have electronic boost controlers.. so i can keep the boost down till im moving then progressivly turn up the boost where i want it.. so it wont kill the trans as fast..a supercharged 3800 are torque monsters.. and would be a wheelie monster.. which would be fun.. but would killlllll trannys...il be running a vw tranny.. which were only ment for motors that were 60 to 80 hp... so throwin 400hp isnt going to last long..and even when built..its still a matter of time before it comes apart.. the only real option is a mendola trans.. which are crazyyyy amounts of money!!!!! soo probly about $12,000 :eek::eek::eek::eek:http://www.mendeolatransaxles.com/mendeola...5ea586a0df3ce4d

hey i just remeber your from waterford... do u know of a place called... CARS HIGH PERFORMANCE..and/or a guy names sean that works there?

i was told he seems to be pretty knowlodge able

im tryin to find some one or someplace that can cut down a stock wiring harness.. and tune the motor for me..ive got hp tuners..but i havent used it anuf to do it on my own yet

Theres a place called Hi-Performance in waterford associated with Siddock Racing. Guys name is Jerry and they usually work with Fords. I dont think its the same place. I have not heard of Cars High Performance. I have an acquaintence at Ka-tech that might know someone though. They are in Clawson area.

no shit? thats cool.. i talk to him on the phone a few times... busy guys every time i call hes on the dyno.. i talked to him and he really seemed to know his stuff..easy guy to talk to also.. wish i could find someone like that in my back yard... had zippy in the back forty..haha.. till he moved