Corvette Servo In A 4l65e

I called around a few places to see if I could find a Corvette servo in stock locally and had more than one shop tell me that the 4L65e all ready had a corvette servo installed... that's part of what make it a 65. I figure it's BS since I've never heard of that before, so what's the skinny fellas?

GM made 3 2nd apply servos for the 700R4/4L60/4L65/4L70 - the Corvette one, the TBSS one, and "everything else"; the difference is the area of the piston the fluid can 'push' against, the TBSS holds the 2nd band a little tighter than the 'normal' piston, and the Vette servo holds the band the firmest of the three. Your truck WILL NOT have the Vette servo unless a past owner put it in there.

Mr. P.

Thanks for the info guys, i think i'll do this as a band aid to help until I get an 80e ready for the truck. Oh and I see them sold with or without a new pin... what should I get, I've heard the new longer pin helps, but don't know... that part's obvious, lol.

Edited by BigCountry (see edit history)

Mr. P,

I really want to add the Vette servos but not sure I want to jump into DIY. Is it truly that easy or should I take it somewhere. I DONT do trans work, never have never planed on it.

Barney