First Trip Down The Strip

rojo_143

Well today we had the get together at the New England Dragway and this was my first time runnin the SS i was expecting a mid 14 second run. I only ran three times because i have to make a 1000 mile road trip to michigan in less than a month and i did not want to break my truck. On the picture of the slip I was in the left lane car# 853

1st Run

14.344@ 95.47 with a 2.243 60'

2nd Run

14.261@ 95.46 with a 2.159 60'

3rd Run (Best)

14.195@ 96.02 with a 2.165 60'

Here is a link to the video (Shot with a digital camera not the best quality)

I was estatic when I saw that last slip!!! I think I could have gone down to a 14 flat but i did not want to push the truck to a breakin point.

post-14411-1238971817_thumb.jpg

Edited by rojo_143 (see edit history)

Well today we had the get together at the New England Dragway and this was my first time runnin the SS i was expecting a mid 14 second run. I only ran three times because i have to make a 1000 mile road trip to michigan in less than a month and i did not want to break my truck.

1st Run

14.344@ 95.47 with a 2.243 60'

2nd Run

14.261@ 95.46 with a 2.159 60'

3rd Run (Best)

14.195@ 96.02 with a 2.165 60'

Those are really good times for your mods and AWD

damn near neck and neck with me with virtually the same mods.... awd vs 2wd. nice times...... but i win, haha, jk bro.

yeah the one main difference is i had some weight reduction and i believe you did not if you took off all the stuff i did you would probably be quite a bit quicker. My one big mistake is that I still had a half tank of gas in the truck since it was almost a 100 mile drive to the track if i would have ran with a 1/4 tank or less i know i could have went 14 flat or 13.9. But I will have to wait and see till after my deployment next year.

I'm waiting on my track wheels and tires to come in and plan on some weight reduction my next time out. You had a little better mph than I did... impressive being that's where the RWD is supposed to shine. Fun wasn't it? :thumbs:

I'm waiting on my track wheels and tires to come in and plan on some weight reduction my next time out. You had a little better mph than I did... impressive being that's where the RWD is supposed to shine. Fun wasn't it? :thumbs:

when you guys say weight reduction, what is it that you guys do or get rid of?

Spare, tailgate, hitch, and some remove bumper and install rool pan.

I don't carry a spare (does not fit over my brakes anyways) and leave my tailgate at home when I race.

I took off my spare tire, tailgate and removed my hitch since i do not tow anything. The one thing i noticed is that with all that weight off the back end of my truck the rear end was real stiff/bouncy. Glad that it was only for a short time.

Weight reduction for me would be ditching my wet bedrug and my little girls carsest, lol. Prolly drop my spare and tailgate..... plus my wheel and tire combo will be a bit lighter. Hoping for solid 13's on the stock tranny. Hope it holds for one outing at least. If i clip off a good run first pass I may not push my luck any farther, haha.

Weight reduction for me would be ditching my wet bedrug and my little girls carsest, lol. Prolly drop my spare and tailgate..... plus my wheel and tire combo will be a bit lighter. Hoping for solid 13's on the stock tranny. Hope it holds for one outing at least. If i clip off a good run first pass I may not push my luck any farther, haha.

well shoot i still had my daughters car seat in too. Take that thing out there a half second atleast hahaha j/k :jester: . Not pushing my truck was a big thing when I went that is why I only ran three times.

cool thanks guys. just wondering. we ran my truck last year at truck fest out here in colorado and ran a 16.7 but the only thing that was done to it at that time was a cai, 160* thermo, and exhaust. now i have a nelson tune with my hp tuners that has been "steet" tuned and long tube headers with no cats. oh yeah it has 22's. i know there heavy. i hope for 15's this year befor my cam! is this dooable? oh yeah i guess i do have all the weight reduction tricks done