Is This A Good Buy?

kempfs92

well i looked a 2003 black ss, it has 59,206 miles , they want 18,990. my dad looked at and said it's a clean truck. and we took for a test drive and it was mech. fine.

i want to get it, but my parents think its too much for a 6yr truck.

the dealer knows i want it, so maybe try to talk them down?

its stock.

just waiting to see how much insurance would be.

they say 13 city and 17 highway? is that true ? whats yours?

my main question is , is that good price?

Edited by jake k (see edit history)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wholesale on that truck is $11-13K, the dealer paid no more than $13.5K for it; in the dealer's defense, it has less than 60K on it. Expect mileage to be more like 13/15.5, with a very optimal tune you can get the highway mileage up to 17.

Mr. P. :)

beat up the dealer... give them your number and walk, you have to be in the market to buy an sss to buy an sss, these arent your everyday work truck

i agree with booth here. if your gonna buy it just do it. thats not a bad price for a 03 with low miles. like he said its not a regular every day work truck. just haggle with them and see if they will come down some

Reading those numbers make me want to cry. My Toyota is worth more then my SS. :crazy:

I know :( It doesn't mean the truck itself isn't a nice truck or worth less, just that in the current situation we live in it is valued less. Right now is a total buyers market for these trucks as well as many other specialty vehicles.

Mr. P. :)

i agree with booth here. if your gonna buy it just do it. thats not a bad price for a 03 with low miles. like he said its not a regular every day work truck. just haggle with them and see if they will come down some
They won't have people beating their door down to buy it. You could get them to come down, and if they don't, give them a month or two then they'll be deperate to sell it.

well where in illinois are you located? Im located in davenport, ia and have a 03 ss arrival bue with only 36k miles that I will sell cheaper than that and mines not stock either. :)

I just picked up my 03 SS with 22's and tint 70k on the clock for 13,400 but it was a private owner. People are looking for money right now and will deal, make and offer remember you can always go higher not lower. Good luck!

Thats alot!!! I paid over $5,000 cheaper for mine with a couple thousand miles more. I am starting to think I stole it lol. Def fight them down on this one! I agree with Mr. P on this. The probably paid around $13k for it.

Rob

i would pay 15 to no more then 16k if it was mint and only mint i bought mine for 18.900 3 years ago with 65k on the clock they wanted 21.900 for it i offered em 17.000 and they said they would take 18.000 as is or fix a few things which were heated seat elements brake pads rotors rear tailgate handle change all fluids and the speedo was stuck on 80 mph and they fixed that so i wouldnt pay more then 16k if it was absalutely mint

well where in illinois are you located? Im located in davenport, ia and have a 03 ss arrival bue with only 36k miles that I will sell cheaper than that and mines not stock either. :)

NE, 30 miles west of chicago, in a town called carpentersvillle