Is This A Good Buy?

kempfs92

06 doesnt have awd like the 03-04 and some 05s. thats the big difference in the 2. in 07 i got my 03 for a lil over 17 and it had a maggie on it with 70k miles. 14k miles isnt bad on that truck but IMO either one is not gonna have a high re-sale value later on unless the economy changes...

good luck man :cheers:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NE, 30 miles west of chicago, in a town called carpentersvillle

Thats about a 3 hour drive for you to davenport. I would sell mine for 16,500. I can post up pictures if your interested.

A few minor things the truck has wrong with it.

1. The hood has had a few chips in it on the back of the cowl where it looked like the previous owner had turned on the windshield wipers and it chipped the paint. Ask around on the forum it is easily done with these cowl hoods if your not careful. I did touch them up but you can tell if you look hard enough.

2. The drivers windshield wiper washer fluid squirter has come loose from the arm due to ice this past winter and it still works just fine its just not clipped in the arm like it should be but I can't figure out how to get it in there but im not very mechanical savey.

3. The truck does have a few minor scratches here or there due to it being a daily driver but no door dings because I always park in the back of parking lots to avoid them.

4. The tailgate cap has 2 seperate spots where it has "dings" in it where I helped my job out and took a box of parts to a local company and while my supervisor was loading the box he bumped my tailgate twice with the truck and caused them but you only notice if you look and a local body shop quote was 400 to fix and it didn't bother me that much so I didn't have it fixed.

Some extras the truck has.

1. 5 Peice billet grill (bolt over) and a billet emblem.

2. Cowl induction hood I believe made by Goodmark.

3. 3 Rear widows tinted 15%

4. Truxedo Lo Pro Soft Rollup Cover

5. AEM Brute Force Intake

6. Dual Borla Exhaust Dumped (Very nice deep mellow tone)

7. Zippy tuned pcm

8. 2 10" MTX Subs and amp (MTX Thunderform Enclosure made specifically for a 1500 ext cab chevy)

Overall the truck isn't mint but I try my best to keep it in the best shape possible. I did put new tires on the truck here last november (Hankook Ventus RH04) and they are a nice looking/performing tire in all weather types. The truck is Arrival Blue and also has some painted on Tribal Graphics done by the previous owner but they do look good and some other members of the site have seen them as well like allballz57 has seen them at one of our meets and he liked the way they looked. I can post pictures if you are interested in seeing how my truck looks.

This is my topic of my truck for sale so you can check out pics of it here. In a few of the pics it shows the chips spots that I touched up and it also shows chrome clear headlights which I did have but went back to the factory headlights.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...c=51935&hl=

Hey, im in glenview and i go out to lake in the hills at least 4 times a week, and drive right though carpentersville lemme know if you need any help with anything. I bought my truck this time last year, and it only had 30k on it, all stock, and i bought mine for 15k..... it kinda helped that i banged the hell out of the sales chick to knock a little off the price.... she was a friend of a friend and she had a thing for dirty construction workers.... or so she said lol

Hey, im in glenview and i go out to lake in the hills at least 4 times a week, and drive right though carpentersville lemme know if you need any help with anything. I bought my truck this time last year, and it only had 30k on it, all stock, and i bought mine for 15k..... it kinda helped that i banged the hell out of the sales chick to knock a little off the price.... she was a friend of a friend and she had a thing for dirty construction workers.... or so she said lol

Lol

I found a 2006 SIss for sale with 22,xxx miles for 23g's 30 miles southwest of chicago. And for an Iss, thats a steal I believe (I want the best of both worlds, awd and rwd Sss). Was a few days too late on that one though. I have my sights on another ss here though...

edit-not sure if it was southwest, know for sure it was 30-35 miles out of chicago.

Edited by 03maSSS (see edit history)

my search for the perfect ss keeps getting better, i found a 05 SS silver, with 25k on it with a whipple Supercharger on it, for 25grand.

it was between this and the 06 ss with 14kmiles , but living in illinois , ill take the 05 with awd and the Whipple :drool:

Do we still have a few guys on here with a whipple. I thought those things were a pain to get working right because whipple electronics or something. I don't know if I'd buy a truck with a super charger from a dealer. I'd check on insurance first. I would think the insurance agent would know about that mod and your insurance would be crazy high.

my search for the perfect ss keeps getting better, i found a 05 SS silver, with 25k on it with a whipple Supercharger on it, for 25grand.

it was between this and the 06 ss with 14kmiles , but living in illinois , ill take the 05 with awd and the Whipple :drool:

which dealer did you find the truck with the whipple on it at?

Do we still have a few guys on here with a whipple. I thought those things were a pain to get working right because whipple electronics or something. I don't know if I'd buy a truck with a super charger from a dealer. I'd check on insurance first. I would think the insurance agent would know about that mod and your insurance would be crazy high.
I seem to remember something about Whipple electronics, injectors, or something goofy with them.

Personally, I don't know if I'd buy a used one with a supercharger added. You don't know what's been done.

Here's the links to both trucks if anyone is interested in helping this young man out.

http://www.jerryhaggertychevrolet.com/vehi...CEK19N151242537 Silver Birch w/Whipple

http://www.jerryhaggertychevrolet.com/vehi...CEC19N561135196 red '06

If you ask me (which ur not...directly) its a bad idea to buy any used vehicle with a pre-existing supercharger. Then again that's just me. You never know who owned it before you and how they treated it. Also who knows what AHole at the stealership is romping around town in it either.

The red '06 seems to be a clean truck. I'd run a check on the VIN of both trucks and see what comes up. Take this all with a grain of salt my friend. Good luck with your purchase. I hope you find the truck of your dreams.

edit: I'd have to remove a bunch of the crap that's on that '06...those steps are ugly, and the wood grain has to go.

Edited by Bishop (see edit history)