2" Drop Leaf Spring

whitemax

why not go with a 2" drop shackle? They are a lot cheaper.

I think he already has shackles and just wants more drop. I too would opt for leafs vs. New hangers just for ease of install alone. I do hear that hangers do result in better ride quality though so if you want that and have the patience, that's always an option.

I think he already has shackles and just wants more drop. I too would opt for leafs vs. New hangers just for ease of install alone. I do hear that hangers do result in better ride quality though so if you want that and have the patience, that's always an option.
i thought leafs were better ride quality....all hangers do is stretch out your stock leaf so i imagine the ride would be a lot stiffer with hangers IMO Edited by blackbeast ss (see edit history)

i thought leafs were better ride quality....all hangers do is stretch out your stock leaf so i imagine the ride would be a lot stiffer with hangers IMO

Hangers don't stretch the springs, only relocate the spring eye higher on the frame. When used with the proper length shocks and the proper axle clearance is maintaned with shorter bumpstops or c-notch, the ride will remain stock like.

Edited by BigCountry (see edit history)

Yeah i already have the drop shackles on there. Just lookin into leafs as it would be an easier install. Not quiet sure what im doing up front yet :confused:. as you can tell the suspension trade i was gonna do with this other guy didnt seem to work out. He wanted me to pay to get the spindles and leafs on his truck swaped to mine and then my stock on his. A little pricey on the quotes for that