How Much For A Budget Rebuild?

My truck has 72k on it right now, just have bolt ons at the moment. I want to add a cam, so that plus the mileage makes me nervous about the tranny, even though it works just fine now. What should I expect to pay for a decent rebuild, keeping in mind a mild cam?

most tranny shops will prob run around 1500 to 1800 to freshen up, and lightly mod a still running unit. in my opinion this isnt the spot to cheap out. my moto, do it once, do it right.

:withstupid: do it once, do it right, go with a built transmission for a only a few hundred dollars more........FLT, PerformaBuilt, and HPM are the guys to go to.....

:withstupid: There is no such thing as a budget transmission, they are either built right or not; the only way you can vary a correctly built trans is to change out the shafts for billet ones. Do your research, there are only a few people that I have seen that can make these transmissions live, and they do not charge any more than what you would pay at a local transmission shop. DO NOT skimp on the converter, get the best converter you can afford, it is every bit as important/critical as the engine and transmission.

Mr. P. :)