What's The Difference In Front Brakes Awd Vs Rwd

BigCountry

Yes, '05+ RWD brakes are FAR better (stock-for-stock); I drove a '05 CC truck and the first time I used the brake I threw the truck on it's nose LOL. I've said a few times, the factory AWD brakes are very poor, borderline dangerous.

Changes - larger rotor, redesigned lower ball joint, redesigned spindle (at lower ball joint as well as caliper mounting). Calipers *I think* are the same. Master brake cylinder has to be different, and *I think* the proportioning valve will differ as well but that last one is a guess.

If you have a AWD truck upgrade the fronts to 14" at least, 15" preferred; if you don't then one day on the freeway the traffic will come to a sudden stop and your truck won't.

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

Yes, '05+ RWD brakes are FAR better (stock-for-stock); I drove a '05 CC truck and the first time I used the brake I threw the truck on it's nose LOL. I've said a few times, the factory AWD brakes are very poor, borderline dangerous.

Changes - larger rotor, redesigned lower ball joint, redesigned spindle (at lower ball joint as well as caliper mounting). Calipers *I think* are the same. Master brake cylinder has to be different, and *I think* the proportioning valve will differ as well but that last one is a guess.

If you have a AWD truck upgrade the fronts to 14" at least, 15" preferred; if you don't then one day on the freeway the traffic will come to a sudden stop and your truck won't.

Mr. P.

when I first got my SSS I actually took it back to the dealer and told them to check the brakes because I thought it couldnt stop for shit :P , turns out that's just how they are and they were fine. So how much of a difference is just getting bigger rotors? Not lookin to spend that big money yet on a kit. Any brands of rotors anyone specifically recommends? I see those "R1" rotors all over ebay...