Top Speed With 4:10's And Tune...

ssspringer

is 117 what you hit or what your truck just stopped at because it could not go anyfaster? That seems very low for a "top speed".

it is... my truck had a very conservative/weak tune in it and thats just where it wouldnt go anymore.

would bounce between 117-118

although it got there rather quickly :D

we all have aluminum drive shafts, or at least the ss's do.

Not the the AWD challenged SS's. I.E. the 2wd truck have a two piece steel drive shaft not alluminium

BTW The srt 8 jeep i was chasing said his speedo read 150 when I was starting to overtake him... so for top speed do the math and go figure. A member here was witness to it and the run in with johnny law that resulted from it. Let just say that an anonimous call was made about a low passing jet to the sheriffs station. :dunno:

Edited by chpspecial (see edit history)

Not the the AWD challenged SS's. I.E. the 2wd truck have a two piece steel drive shaft not alluminium

BTW The srt 8 jeep i was chasing said his speedo read 150 when I was starting to overtake him... so for top speed do the math and go figure. A member here was witness to it and the run in with johnny law that resulted from it. Let just say that an anonimous call was made about a low passing jet to the sheriffs station. :dunno:

Damn...thats cruising. Was there really a call about a low passing jet? lol

Damn...thats cruising. Was there really a call about a low passing jet? lol

Yes, the call said that something just past an RV park at a high rate of speed and it sounded like a jet airplane. words from the sheriff. Now try leaving from the scene, being the first one out, and not trying to make any noise so that you do not raise any suspicion. The good thing was that in comparison to the other cars I looked like the slow one.

132.5 mph on gps. There is more but the tune switches a gear back when u floor it. So now i got ZR-tires on it and trying to confince my trans guy i have to now the topspeed of the truck. My only concearne is the wobling hood :( Oh yeah i live 2 hours from the german "autobahn" and the nurnburgererring is possible in the weekend.