Cts Vs Me

RICE EATER

ok just alil grudge race might be in the works.. ive got a buddy whos buddy has a cts that doesnt belive my truck is as fast as it is and wants to run me..now this cts is a an 04 i think so its not blown.. but his just bought a zex kit for it and were tryin to find out how hard he would have to spray it to keep up with me and or how much u can throw at one of these cars .. i dont know anyone thats sprayed a one yet.. so i figured what u guys might now its all in good fun ... i think..lol havent meet the guy yet.. but his comin out friday to check my truck out and see what kinda compition he's in for..i have a feelin after he see's it his going to deside to throw the kit on his 02 t/a to have a better chance..lol

A CTS V with a 100 shot would give you alot to worry about especially on the top end. If its a regualr CTS with a V6, then, yeah, you have nothing to worry about. The V6 in the old body style CTS made like 225-240hp I think. Even with a 100shot of N2O, thats no where near what it would take to run with your truck. A 100 shot on his 02 TA might also give you a run for your money. You are still the same setup as you were when you ran your 12.3 right?

well i dont know much about it yet..its not blown.. but its a stick and its a v8.. i thought they where all charged.. but i guess im wrong.. so its like an ls6 basicly? the only Vs ive seen run at the track where runnin like 13.8 to 14.2 which i though were charged.. so even a 150 shot wouldnt cut it.. and from what ive heard it doesnt hook.... so i dont think he could run me down sence i hook ever time with a 1.67 to 1.72 at the slowest..

i agree with the t/a it might be a better shot.. last time i was at the track i ran a t/a that was sprayin.. i dont know how much tho.. but he couldnt beat me.. but about 20ft past the 1/4 line or so.. he went fly by every time.. he was mph me every time like 115 i belive

http://www.internetautoguide.com/car-speci...ts-v/index.html

thats a link for factory specs..... so thats what he has to work with then i guess you can guesstimate for what he has added i guess.... They are loaded with luxury stuff i mean its a Caddy. 400 stock hp and he weighs 3850 lbs and he is shifting every 2 seconds with that 6 speed too.... hope you beat him and show him how 50k can get you more than a caddy!!

my buddy with his V was telling me the flywheel on those things weigh 70+ lbs. He was also saying that this robbed about 40 horse or so. Just another factor that might affect the outcome.

He could be totally wrong too.