Ls6 Intake With Ported Throttle Body!

Ok well my buddy has an Ls6 intake manifold with ported throttle body for sale and I was wondering if it would make sense to convertmy truck intake manifold for the Ls6 setup he has. Also I'm about to put my blower on in july so I'm wanting to know if it will help me out doing the swap to ls6 and throttle body? Also what would I need?

If you're going to put a blower on expect little gain. If it's going to stay naturally asperated expect about a 15-20RWHP gain.

thats funny considering all the folks that have done this have seen no gain in E.T. Blake I would not waste the money on it.

thats funny considering all the folks that have done this have seen no gain in E.T. Blake I would not waste the money on it.

Direct quote from TX silverado

wow this was a fun thread to read...some facts about my truck

5.3 stock cam = 13.88

ls1 stock cam = 13.26

ls1 226/226 cam = 12.49

same cam ls1 with patriot heads = 12.19

gained zero power with LS6 intake manifold

like doing a TBSS intake? little gain w/o going ino the heads.

I havent seen any real world numbers yet, but the opening on the intake is obviously larger and the runners are larger. which I would think the TBSS should yield a decent gain across the board. yet again I have seen no numbers to go off of, and my statment above is purely speculation.

like doing a TBSS intake? little gain w/o going ino the heads.

FWIW...not much gain there either...that is without porting the TBSS manifold....i was talking to Justin about while on the dyno and he said the TBSS manifold would be worth it only if it gets ported

You need to read some more or better yet work on more with both.

btw, for your example...

link

He did have a small gain which considering I don't believe he's tuning on a dyno with a wideband that's not a bad gain.

You need to read some more or better yet work on more with both.

btw, for your example...

link

He did have a small gain which considering I don't believe he's tuning on a dyno with a wideband that's not a bad gain.

lmao Mike. I have built far more fbodies than I have anything. I know how the LS6 intake acts both on the rollers and the street. They arent worth the money on a truck. You are better off going a different route with the 500+ it will cost for this mod. buy something else that you will see an actually difference for 500.00.

Also he has had it on the dyno a few times with a wideband tuning on it. So yes I have actually talked to stew about his truck and he will even tell yoo that he wouldnt do it again.

Edited by sprayed99 (see edit history)

People who have done the swap have had gains. TX may not feel his was worth it, but he is running the quickest times for an N/A 5.7L in an extended cab that I know of. Blue Cajun is running one and he's the quickest 5.3L N/A with a Gen 3 powered RCSB. Closet Red Neck has one and has the quickest N/A 5.3L RCSB 4x4. If you look you'll find that most of the quickest time guys are running them. The gain isn't much, but it is there. Once you run out of bolt on's it's a nice gain for something that doesn't affect the drivability. Show me where my statement of a gain in RWHP isn't true. I didn't say it is a big gain in track time, but there is a gain to be had and it will make more power.

lmao Mike. I have built far more fbodies than I have anything. I know how the LS6 intake acts both on the rollers and the street. They arent worth the money on a truck. You are better off going a different route with the 500+ it will cost for this mod. buy something else that you will see an actually difference for 500.00.

Also he has had it on the dyno a few times with a wideband tuning on it. So yes I have actually talked to stew about his truck and he will even tell yoo that he wouldnt do it again.

so i have to ask, for the money what else produces the gain that the ls6 does. You can't touch a fast for that, so what intake is better for 500 bucks? As far as i know, the ls6 out does the tbss intake, ls2 intake and the ls1 intakes.

The swap to the LS6 intake can be mistaken as a huge gain. If you have 400RWHP and you then make 415-420RWHP that is a only 5% gain in RWHP or less. At best you would gain .2 and 2 mph, but depending on your setup I'd only expect a 1 mph or so gain and and just over a tenth in the quarter. The key to the gain in a swap like that is that you made a gain without losing any drivability in the truck. It's a fairly big cost for the gain and alot of hassle. Is it worth it, depends on your goals with the truck. To say that the truck intake is as good as the LS6 intake is just rediculous. To say to spend $500 somewhere else on the truck for a gain is also. Once you've done a CAI, cat back, headers, thermostat, and programming you've ran out of inexpensive mods. I've seen guys spend $600 to do the e-fan swap just hoping to pick up a tenth in the quarter.

Ive been looking alot into this mod as well, and what I can say is I found that you will have people on both sides of this argument. But honestly I would have a hard time spending $500 to get some that would only give me a 2-5rwhp gain. No, I have not seen a 15rwhp from a LS6 intake from a truck intake. I have from a a LS1 intake to a an LS6 intake. I tested that theory myself on my F-body. On my truck Id rather spend $500 on a cam or something that would make ALOT more power than a intake. But what I have heard is the LS6 intake is better for higher RPM applications. My truck revs up to 6300 before it shifts under WOT, and it feels like it looses a little power up top. Im not sure if its from the intake or just running a LS6 cam. But once My new .600 lift cam goes in, Ill be able to narrow this down.

Ive been looking alot into this mod as well, and what I can say is I found that you will have people on both sides of this argument. But honestly I would have a hard time spending $500 to get some that would only give me a 2-5rwhp gain. No, I have not seen a 15rwhp from a LS6 intake from a truck intake. I have from a a LS1 intake to a an LS6 intake. I tested that theory myself on my F-body. On my truck Id rather spend $500 on a cam or something that would make ALOT more power than a intake. But what I have heard is the LS6 intake is better for higher RPM applications. My truck revs up to 6300 before it shifts under WOT, and it feels like it looses a little power up top. Im not sure if its from the intake or just running a LS6 cam. But once My new .600 lift cam goes in, Ill be able to narrow this down.

so you havent put it on a dyno to see if your actually makimg power that high 6300rpm?