Wheel Care Help

What types of wheel polish do you guys use? I use Mothers chrome polish on all our chrome wheels and it looks really good right after polishing but seems to fade fast. My SS wheels still look fine but on a set of Helo Maxx 6's we have on our 06 Tahoe the wheels have a few small spots of oxidation that are beyond polishing out, same on a set of American Racing wheels (the two or three spots of oxidation look like little nics or cracks in the chrome). I polish all of these wheels often enough this shouldn't happen. Does the Mothers polish not have a protectant? Would simply using a wax after polishing do the job to prevent further "cracking"? Any input would be great

Right here:

http://www.rejex.com/

However, wax/sealants will only take you sooo far. If the wheel is shitty quality they will be more prone to pitting/oxidizing.

This sounds like some super stuff! i may have to try this

Edited by SweetSS24 (see edit history)

Right here:

http://www.rejex.com/

However, wax/sealants will only take you sooo far. If the wheel is shitty quality they will be more prone to pitting/oxidizing.

Ya and i wondered about that too...the wheels weren't real high dollar (not cheap either to say the least) but i wondered about the quality of the chrome.

Edited by SweetSS24 (see edit history)

Just rememeber, polish is a very mild abbrasive. Just like on paint, it can be over used. If you have chrome, wash them with soap and water after you wash your truck. Try windex and a micro fiber towl for quick cleaning during the week. you would be suprised what a diffrence that makes

The key of course is to correct the problem before laying down a protective coat. Nicks and cracks aren't gonna be corrected by polishing, that sounds more like defects in the chroming process.

Personally I've had excellent results w/ Mothers Power Polish & the Powerball. As was recommended above after the problems are corrected lay down a coat of Rejex to keep them sealed.

EDIT: after reading your post again, you mentioned your SS wheels... did you have yours chromed or are the factory finish? If they're factory finish then DO NOT use a metal polish. They are clear coated and you'll mess them up using a metal polish on those.

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

The key of course is to correct the problem before laying down a protective coat. Nicks and cracks aren't gonna be corrected by polishing, that sounds more like defects in the chroming process.

Personally I've had excellent results w/ Mothers Power Polish & the Powerball. As was recommended above after the problems are corrected lay down a coat of Rejex to keep them sealed.

EDIT: after reading your post again, you mentioned your SS wheels... did you have yours chromed or are the factory finish? If they're factory finish then DO NOT use a metal polish. They are clear coated and you'll mess them up using a metal polish on those.

My SS wheels are chrome and are perfect and i was thinking of using the Rejex on them after a polish. We have Helo's on our Tahoe that have a few pitted spots in the hard to reach spots. Anything I can do about the spot thats already pitted?