Dynatech Headers

Trust me. Do some research on headers, and search in this forum. There is a TON of info out there for headers. Different brands, with cats, without, sound clips, pictures, etc, etc, etc.

I wouldn't go with the Dynatechs if it were me. American Racing makes the best setup for these trucks IMO. 1 3/4 or 1 7/8 primaries with 3" collectors and all the routing pipe to either hook up to the stock true duals or go full 3" true duals with a custom exhaust. They're about the same price as the Dyns also. I'd go catless if it were me but if you wanted the extra quiet and inspection most aftermarket cats these days are very high flow and I saw a test with and without cats on a 6.0 on the dyno and it only lost less than 3hp with cats so they left them on.

I have Dyna's on my truck and have helped install them on a few other trucks, definitely a painless true bolt on installation. Yes they are expensive, but worth every penny IMO. I am running the cats also and have no complaints, but they will be meeting a screw driver very soon. :ninja:

The performance and sound gains get :thumbs: :thumbs: in my book.

if the obx fit your year, i would go with them. They are half the price and its the 1st gen desing of the dynatech's. Stainless, bolt on, high flow(hollow cats).

but as far as cats go, i would go with something that at least looks like a cat, you can get into trouble if you get pulled over with no cats. I had a state patrol officer inspect my truck for cats as well as the emissions station.

Brad

Im running the dynotech headers, i ended up deleting the CATS, we don’t have strict emissions. If i had it to do again i would buy a cheaper set up with out CATS. What ever you buy have them coated or buy them coated.

Im running the dynotech headers, i ended up deleting the CATS, we don’t have strict emissions. If i had it to do again i would buy a cheaper set up with out CATS. What ever you buy have them coated or buy them coated.

if you get stainless there is no need for coating. The only benefits would be lower under hood temps, but if your using any ram air or good CAI it shouldn't matter, and also the flow of the header would increase very slightly due to the header holding the heat and keeping the gasses super heated and causing the gasses to then flow faster. But the results would be so small on a na small cube motor that it would just be a waste of money. Now if the headers are not stainless, then absolutely just for protection of the steel. of course this is just my opinion based on what i have seen, tried, read.

Brad

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

Ok thats for that info. Now I know that everyone says that shortys are a waste of money,but I was just on the JBA wesite and saw a 6.0 1500HD make 20hp more at the rear wheels with shortys,exhaust and wires. If you switch out the shortys for the long tube how much more are we looking at. I just spent 4250 on a maggie and 540 on a cat-back exhaust, I cant really spend another 1500 on long tube, but I am considering it HARD.

Ok thats for that info. Now I know that everyone says that shortys are a waste of money,but I was just on the JBA wesite and saw a 6.0 1500HD make 20hp more at the rear wheels with shortys,exhaust and wires. If you switch out the shortys for the long tube how much more are we looking at. I just spent 4250 on a maggie and 540 on a cat-back exhaust, I cant really spend another 1500 on long tube, but I am considering it HARD.

dont do shortys, I did them when I first got my truck and it netted me 9hp on the dyno, definitely not worth the time or money. Just get some obx's or pacesetters with an ory, they will give you closer to 25 rwhp, and not cost that much more than shortys.

if the obx fit your year, i would go with them. They are half the price and its the 1st gen desing of the dynatech's. Stainless, bolt on, high flow(hollow cats).

but as far as cats go, i would go with something that at least looks like a cat, you can get into trouble if you get pulled over with no cats. I had a state patrol officer inspect my truck for cats as well as the emissions station.

Brad

sissy :jester: