Painted My Cai Tube

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to add an idea for your covers but why not have a machine shop fab up some flat aluminum covers so you would have a smooth surface to paint? No grooves means more bling...

That's not a bad idea. Maybe just for the top? To get rid of the grooves, that would be cool. Yeah it's hard to get good detail over the stupid holes, raised lettering, and grooves. I don't know why GM did that anyway, they knew that I would painting for you guys. :D

Terry

That's not a bad idea. Maybe just for the top? To get rid of the grooves, that would be cool. Yeah it's hard to get good detail over the stupid holes, raised lettering, and grooves. I don't know why GM did that anyway, they knew that I would painting for you guys. :D

Terry

Definately the middle and you could probably come up with something that would go along with the grooves on the sides and have your best detail work in the middle. You could also get some bondo and fill in the grooves and smooth it all out then prime and paint it. Maybe make some molds with the stock ones and make some smooth ones from fiberglass.

Thanks guys. Yeah, it might be worth a shot to build something like that. But I'll be busy for awhile on all the other ones first.

Virgil, I'm still waiting for your shroud. UPS hasn't been here yet.

Edited by 1 Fast SS (see edit history)

Thanks guys. Yeah, it might be worth a shot to build something like that. But I'll be busy for awhile on all the other ones first.

Virgil, I'm still waiting for your shroud. UPS hasn't been here yet.

dang i guess if it dont show today i will look up the tracking number and see where it's at