Tranny Gone Again This Is The 3rd Time

i was leaving work today and was on my way home and one of my buddy got up beside me and was messin with me so i stomped it and right at about 65 it turned loose and hit the rev limiter and then nothing i have no gears when i finally get it stopped and put it in park it is making a constant tapping noise coming from the transmission

i was leaving work today and was on my way home and one of my buddy got up beside me and was messin with me so i stomped it and right at about 65 it turned loose and hit the rev limiter and then nothing i have no gears when i finally get it stopped and put it in park it is making a constant tapping noise coming from the transmission
who build your trans

after the stock tranny went i had them build it and an this will be the second time they will have to fix it since then i am beginning to think they are doing something wrong

im pretty experienced with performance stuff but i would like some of the vets on here to maybe give me an idea of what goin on the the tranny

The transmissions in our trucks are the weakest link by far. If you're in the 13's you are at the limit of a stock transmission. Just because these guys "built" your transmission doean't mean they BUILT it. You need an upgraded shell, better bands, higher pressure and more cooling to keep one of these going and if you pull all the TM even on a stock truck a truely built transmission won't hold up forever. I'd ask what all components they're putting in there and compare that to an FLT or Raptor and see how it compares.

im starting to think that it maybe in the tune i am going to either get a wheatley tune or get your guy to tune it

I'm actually talking to him on the phone now. He said give him a call...PM me and I'll get you his number. I'd definately go with him because he can street tune you. He can data log your runs and tune it perfectle with the AFR. He also doesn't re-charge you to tune it again.

I'm actually talking to him on the phone now. He said give him a call...PM me and I'll get you his number. I'd definately go with him because he can street tune you. He can data log your runs and tune it perfectle with the AFR. He also doesn't re-charge you to tune it again.

that would be much easier than having to go to baton rouge or having to deal with the mail order tunes