Tranny Gone Again This Is The 3rd Time

The transmissions in our trucks are the weakest link by far. If you're in the 13's you are at the limit of a stock transmission. Just because these guys "built" your transmission doean't mean they BUILT it. You need an upgraded shell, better bands, higher pressure and more cooling to keep one of these going and if you pull all the TM even on a stock truck a truely built transmission won't hold up forever. I'd ask what all components they're putting in there and compare that to an FLT or Raptor and see how it compares.

dont touch the pressure tables!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont touch the pressure tables!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody told him to touch the pressure tables...that's not what I was talking about. He talked to my cousin and that might be what's off in his tune though. His sig shows who tuned it but I'm not sure if he was tuned before the built transmission or not. I've seen people add line pressure on mostly stock transmissions but once you upgrade internal parts you shouldn't be adding anything secondary.

Nobody told him to touch the pressure tables...that's not what I was talking about. He talked to my cousin and that might be what's off in his tune though. His sig shows who tuned it but I'm not sure if he was tuned before the built transmission or not. I've seen people add line pressure on mostly stock transmissions but once you upgrade internal parts you shouldn't be adding anything secondary.

you should never touch the pressure tables period....

You need an upgraded shell, better bands, higher pressure and more cooling to keep one of these going and if you pull all the TM even on a stock truck a truely built transmission won't hold

AND

I've seen people add line pressure on mostly stock transmissions but once you upgrade internal parts you shouldn't be adding anything secondary

this is what you posted above......

Edited by sprayed99 (see edit history)

thunder racing did the tune b4 the stock tranny went and after that i never had it tuned again and i believe they had the line pressure turned up thats what i am thinking is doin the damage

they guy at the tranny shop said the shifting was a little erratic and said that he was not going to take the shift kit out but tune it down a lil bit

Make sure you find out what he's going to remove from the transmission before he does it. I'd also get with Jason soon to have him at least look over your tune for problems.

When I had my transmission rebuilt, the builder told me to have all pressures set back to stock settings because the modifications he was making to the transimission and the components he was installing would create the firmer shifts with greater durability. I had zippy set everything except TM back to stock on my tune, the truck shifts firm, and almost 20k miles later behind forced induction and I have zero issues. He also told me to never increase line pressures through the pcm as it causes very rapid pre-mature wear or failure. The guy msut have believed in his ability because he gave me a 2yr/24mo warranty.

i had the truck tuned b4 the tranny ever went out on me and got it built and then never got it retuned the tune is set back to stock till next weekend then i am getting it retuned