Sick Of Researching Polish And Wax

I'm sick of looking and reading. lol I am wanting a good protectant that has a nice finish. My truck doesn't have much for swirls or scratches, they are very minor. I'm going to do everything by hand not use a DA.

I was considering doing this..

hand wash and dry with MF towels

clay bar it

Zaino AIO

Z5

Z6

Z2

Z6

this looked to get expensive quickly

Any one else have another process that may fit my needs better??? I'm jus fed up with all of the options and what not. Please help and list the steps and products you would recommend

I'm sick of looking and reading. lol I am wanting a good protectant that has a nice finish. My truck doesn't have much for swirls or scratches, they are very minor. I'm going to do everything by hand not use a DA.

I was considering doing this..

hand wash and dry with MF towels

clay bar it

Zaino AIO

Z5

Z6

Z2

Z6

this looked to get expensive quickly

Any one else have another process that may fit my needs better??? I'm jus fed up with all of the options and what not. Please help and list the steps and products you would recommend

nu-plastic, it really leaves all the black trim all nice, but on the other things, well just listen to everyone here and judge for yourself :)

You should ask Dylan.

Ya i pm'd him a few days ago and said i was prolly goin with zaino but i didnt know what products for sure. I may pm him again to get his professional advise on my situation. i dunno i've just changed my mind on what i was gonna use a thousand times :confused: lol There is so many options

I was honestly not happy with Zaino stuff - I know people swear by it but I like Megiuars Professional product line better for hand application.

I'm thinking about switching to Adams polishes but having the same issue with deciding which products to buy.

Just my $.02

Edited by Ross (see edit history)

Tropi-Care FTW!!

DSC02201.jpg

DSC02204.jpg

First I bucket wash and dry.

Then I clay bar the entire truck. Meguiers Clay Bar, havnt tried Tropi-Care clay bar yet, but soon.

Then I take my Porter Cable 7424 with the Lake Country Orange pad with Menzerna Intensive Polish and polish one panel at a time.

Then I take the White Lake Country pad with TC Swirl Cutter and apply to one panel at a time to get rid of the micro marring the polish leaves. This is wear it really comes alive.....

Then I take the Blue Lake Country pad with TC Sunburst Sealant and apply to one panel at a time.

Then I use a microfiber bonnet and apply Meguirers NXT wax to the entire truck with the buffer.

-------------

Each Lake Country pad has different "cutting" abilities...depending on how much correction your paint needs, will depend on what pad you need to start with. Yellow has the most cutting ability.

Detailing products are mostly opinionated with results, some have better results with one than another. I had my luck with Tropi-Care products and love them. Steve @ TC answers any questions I have, hell I have his cell phone number..lol Good products and great customer service.

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

personally ive used several products (mothers, meguiars, zaino) and I like all of them equally. I think mothers is the easiest to apply and remove personally but I do like the Zaino all in one for a every other weekend wax and it beads nicely. What I found out with the zaino all in one is I apply it to the whole truck and the start removing the wax from the first panel I waxed on and it comes off very easily and leaves a nice shine to the truck. ive used 2 clay bars both meguiars and blue magic and i like the blue magic clay bar better and its available at autozone. I havent had any luck finding mothers waxes in the autozone or oriellys so i dont know why that is but they still carry the claybar from what i hear is pretty good. if you wax every weekend or every other weekend like me i would use mothers(if you can find it) or zaino all in one. just my personal preference.

Edited by NashSS (see edit history)

Been talkin with Ross and i think i'm gonna try his method out and see what happens if for some reason it isn't what i want then i'll resort back to this topic. Thanks for the help and advise guys :thumbs:

I'm a zaino fan myself. I just ordered the kit and went from there. I've been using for years and my truck's paint still looks great. I usually apply it once a year but my truck isn't a DD. That's my 2 cents :cheers:

I have a closet full of products. What people need to realize is that if a product looks good on black paint, it may not look good on red paint.

My favorite combo(s) on black paint are:

Zaino Z5 topped with Duragloss Aquawax

or

Red Moose machine glaze topped with Carnauba Moose Wax

However, I think I am going to add Adams to my arsenal as well. Buying and trying different products is sooo addicting.

ADAMS FTMFW... you have PM btw :D

guess what I have coming guys... :ughdance:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-423-adams-a...-paste-wax.aspx

^^^^I saw that as well and ordered it to apply to my moms bmw as a second mothers day present. I am ordering ClearKote for my ss now, cant wait to compare the two products when the details are done. I will be pleased regardless I am sure, as its a big step up from the auto parts store waxes.