Joe Gibbs Brackets

This may be a dumn question but how many brackets make up a set of these Joe Gibbs brackets. The reason I ask I just received a set and their's only two. If this is correct how do they work. Anybody got pic.

they are for the heat exchanger i asume,and they are mounted to the inside bumper bolts,with the braces shooting down in a 45* angle front to back. Heat exchanger goes on it.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys!!! MAKE THEM! For $25!!! Get some 1-1/4"-wide 1/8"-thick aluminum strap from the hardware store, 6-ft is plenty - these hangers are simple to fabricate. If you can use a tape measure, drill a hole, cut with a hacksaw, and bend aluminum over a block of wood with a hammer then you can do this in a couple hours! Hell I'll even draw a picture...

JGRadixMounts.jpg

I forgot, you will need to buy some 5/8" heater hose to lengthen the plumbing to/from the relocated heat exchanger. I admit that on paper it looks hokie but trust me on this, with the three straps in place that heat exchanger is rock solid (yes Dan and I have done this several times). Make sure that you put enough 'angle' on the heat exchanger so that the bottom of it is high enough off the ground you won't accidentally curb it.

If you have a Radix on your truck you WANT to do this, moving the heat exchanger down behind the front bumper will instantly cut 20-degrees (or more) from your transmission temps and engine cooling temps. Frankly I am disappointed that Magnusson did not choose to mount the H/E here in the first place.

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
I understand wanting to cool your tranny and engine, but wont this heat up the maggie since its behind the bumper.

It's behind the opening in the bumper of the JG and SS trucks. Maggie should make it a standard with the kit.