Re-tune For Headers?

T-Bag

I am planning on picking up some Edelbrock Shorties for my SS (ok let me hear it lol) They are within my budget at $291 shipped from Summit so I decided to go with those.

I'm wondering if I need to be Re-Tuned after install. I ran a search on this and found nada, thanks guys!

-Aaron

Edited by Bad aSS Silvy (see edit history)

no with shorites you shouldnt need any retuning

:withstupid: , they are going to flow very similiar to manifolds so no retune is needed. Give it 6 months and you will be ptting those shorty's up for sale and looking for a good set of lt's. I did the same thing as you, didn't want to change my exhaust that much, shortys were cheaper etc...

Edited by VhoGmc (see edit history)

Honestly I wouldnt waste your money on shorties..Like they said there is not any noticable difference in shorties and the stock manifolds...save it another $150 and get you some Pacesetter LT's

Thanks a lot, that was another ? I had but didn't want to get off thread topic. If that's the case than I wil save up and just get some LT's. Not worth the $ spent and time invested just for basically the look of headers IMO if there really isn't any gains.

Edited by Bad aSS Silvy (see edit history)

I dont know about a retune for shorties, but i had to have a minor adjustment done to my tune when I installed my midlength headers. If I recall is was just more timing in the midrange. Right after I intalled the headers i did notice a slump in that area. The adjustment fixed that.

I will eco what the others here have said. If you can go with full length headers, then do it. Best bang for your buck regardless. Just make sure that whatever headers you get, make sure they are ceramic coated as that will add to the life span of them.

In all honest,save for some longtubes IMO.Shorties really are not worth the time or money

edelbrock shorties on a 02 5.3 Z71 gained only 4 rwhp at peak,other than that is was the same lowend and midrange.Pretty much a waste.

Hope this helps some