Question For L.e.o's

Sort of a dumb question, but it's Monday. A sheriff knocked on my door as I was about to sit down for dinner tonight. I went out and he said he was looking for xxxxxx, my uncle. Now he hasn't lived here for over a year, which I told the man, and he now lives in Las Vegas. He asked for a contact number, but I don't have one, he's been MIA since he went there. Needless to say my uncle has had his share of law issues. But, in the midst I didn't ask WHY he was looking for him. Usually, to the best of my knowledge, if it was an unresolved debt/paperwork issue, it would've been left with me most likely right? So my guess is that he had a warrant for something...am I right?......Just curious what might be going on that's all. I didn't have my glasses on either so I didn't get the name of the officer or anything, so I can't even call to inquire lol. Just curious what you may think it may have been for?

I am not a LEO; that said... If a LEO were attempting an arrest or questioning of an individual they would never arrive alone. More likely, the sheriff's deputy was attempting to serve papers or do some other sleuthing for the court or another agency. :dunno:

Mr. P. :)

I am not a LEO; that said... If a LEO were attempting an arrest or questioning of an individual they would never arrive alone. More likely, the sheriff's deputy was attempting to serve papers or do some other sleuthing for the court or another agency. :dunno:

Mr. P. :)

Yep. More than likely a summons to appear, or something like that. It's usually something they have to give derictly to the defendant. Even if it's collecting a debt.