Tow Package?

zbishop80

I have an '05 SSS and I've recently added an OEM hitch. I initially thought my truck came with the tow package. According to my VIN it did not. Here's where my confusion lies. I do have the tow button on my gear selector and it does function but I do not have the wiring for the hitch. I am looking to add the oem wiring harness for the hitch but I am not sure where it connects. I know there is a module near the spare tire. Does anyone know if/where the OEM wiring loom connects to this module for the hitch?

Edited by Bishop (see edit history)

the wire harness is a round plug thats the one it should all rady be hooked up all you need is the rear plug to mount on the hitch

That's the thing I dont see any of the previous wiring for the hitch. R u speaking of a round plug on the module near the spare tire?

I think one or two of us might be thinking your talking about the trailer brake controller harness that plugs in under the dash inside. I think your talking about the actual trailer light harness which plugs into the back of your truck (next to the hitch). If you purchased a GM hitch kit, I'm really surprised it wasn't in the box!! :confused:

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

I think one or two of us might be thinking your talking about the trailer brake controller harness that plugs in under the dash inside. I think your talking about the actual trailer light harness which plugs into the back of your truck (next to the hitch). If you purchased a GM hitch kit, I'm really surprised it wasn't in the box!! :confused:

I purchased the hitch from another member of this site not from GM. Hence no harness. I know that I'll need to purchase the harness for the trailer lights. It's my understanding though that this trailer light harness will plug into a module on the main wiring harness for the truck. Is that correct or am I way off base here?