Adams Americana Paste Wax

this was a quick application after a quick wash just to see how it applied and get some first impressions.

Like all Adams stuff it smells good enough to eat, not that it has anything to do with finish quality, but it certainly makes an afternoon in the garage with this stuff a hell of a lot more bearable.

Applied SUPER easy. Can't say how much of that is due to the cool included applicator vs the wax itself, but it certainly spreads perfect.

Wax broke down to applicable with minimal agitation, and didn't start to setup until it was completely applied.

Cure time was between 10-15 minutes in ambient temps in the mid 70's (shaded)

Removal was really easy... stuff practically came off with a light swipe of the buffing towel they included, which was a medium length knap. Shorter than their true blue towel, but longer than your basic mf cloth.

Overall extremely impressed (of course trying to hold my love for adams products aside) it really did hit all the marks, easy to use, finish is great, now the only thing left to do is build up another layer and do some beading & durability tests.

cfa4eccbdb.jpg

So far I haven't gotten a clear answer if the appliator and buffing towel will be included going forward or if it was just for the first group who preordered it, but they are both excellent. The applicator is really comfortable in your hand and the MF is perfect for buffing a hard setting paste wax off the paint.

DSC_4992.jpg

DSC_4980.jpg

DSC_4989.jpg

Yes... this is a reflection shot :eek:

DSC_4984.jpg

Sorry a couple of those pics look so blown out... it was just so bright out... slightly hazy and the sun was brutal so everything was glaring like crazy. Better pics soon.

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

Wow~ I am a die hard Meguiars fan, but have looked at Adams products before. Was there any hazing after the wipe down? This is what I hate the most. Having to use a detail spray after all that work to remove the haze. I would like to get a nice coat of wax on the truck before the summer heat really kicks in. Scale of 1-10?

Wow! That looks great. I gotta say I am trying like hell to clean up 6 years of neglect on my SS from previous owner, and I don't think I will every be able to get it this flawless without re-spraying it. I bought menzerna polish and tropi-care products for my first round attempts, but I have looked at the adams line of products. I take it you recommend them? Also a random detailing question for you. Is there any difference between cheap microfiber clothes you can pick up at like advance auto, and the more expensive one you can get from adams? Thanks for your help, and the truck looks amazing!

Rob

Wow~ I am a die hard Meguiars fan, but have looked at Adams products before. Was there any hazing after the wipe down? This is what I hate the most. Having to use a detail spray after all that work to remove the haze. I would like to get a nice coat of wax on the truck before the summer heat really kicks in. Scale of 1-10?

None at all. Post wax hazing is typically a side effect of products that have a lot of synthetic polymers in them. Adams Machine Super Wax for example, b/c its pretty much a synthetic sealant needs to be wiped down again about 12 hours after application b/c it hazes. The haze is the synthetic chemicals releasing stuff as they cure... this stuff had no hazing to speak of.

Wow! That looks great. I gotta say I am trying like hell to clean up 6 years of neglect on my SS from previous owner, and I don't think I will every be able to get it this flawless without re-spraying it. I bought menzerna polish and tropi-care products for my first round attempts, but I have looked at the adams line of products. I take it you recommend them? Also a random detailing question for you. Is there any difference between cheap microfiber clothes you can pick up at like advance auto, and the more expensive one you can get from adams? Thanks for your help, and the truck looks amazing!

Rob

I love most Adams product, there are a few I don't use, but for the most part I recommend their entire line.

There is a HUGE difference between over the counter mf and the stuff you can get thru Adams or a similar company.... only way to really show you the difference would be to have you feel one.... trust me when I say there is nothing softer than an Adams True Blue Microfiber polishing cloth.

dam bro that looks good as hell.....before you applied the americana when was the last time you detailed your truck?....but for 70 bucks a would rather use that money towards getting it fully detailed from you :jester: ......might still buy it tho :thumbs:

Very nice depth!!!

Now, do you think it was worth 70$ for a can of wax? Or do you think you could get similiar results from a product that is half the price?

Easily worth $70... especially considering how many applications I'll get out of just this one jar. Compared to some other pastes I've tried in the past that have cost $100 or more (for less product) this is on par with any of those so far. I'm reserving any "better than brand X" statements until I finish beading tests and do a side by side, but at first blush the finish quality and ease of use make this better than products that cost 2x as much.

Keep in mind b/c this is a high end carnuba product the protection will be much greater than any sealant and look 10x better... quality carnuba ain't cheap, this stuff is hand poured in small batches, and the ingredients aren't easy to come by, so thats why this stuff is a tad more expensive than what most people use on their car.

dam bro that looks good as hell.....before you applied the americana when was the last time you detailed your truck?....but for 70 bucks a would rather use that money towards getting it fully detailed from you :jester: ......might still buy it tho :thumbs:

probably 3-4 weeks ago after a guy hosed it and used a leaf blower near it in a parking lot. It since then got a dealer wash (against my permission) so the paints far from flawless right now. This stuff was applied over a base of Machine Super Wax (sealant) and a layer of Buttery Wax from the previous detail. I intend on stripping everything down and applying only Americana (2 coats) but this was just for preliminary testing and review since I won't have time to detail for a couple of weeks.

Wow Dylan06ss. Thats a serious gloss finish right there :wub: . I am glad you posted pics, I wanted to see how the product worked (glad to hear its user friendly; serious back/nerve issues here). :chevy:

awesome. i was gonna ask you about this. they say its gonna replace buttery wax? i heard from someone that is kinda friends with adam. that the first batch sold so fast they couldnt fill all the orders in that day. i guess they are on their second batch of this stuff. might have to give it a try.

awesome. i was gonna ask you about this. they say its gonna replace buttery wax? i heard from someone that is kinda friends with adam. that the first batch sold so fast they couldnt fill all the orders in that day. i guess they are on their second batch of this stuff. might have to give it a try.

i dont think they are going to replace the buttery wax.

Dylan,

How is this compared to the DER products you turned me on to a couple of years ago? Can you still get the DER or is that company done with consumer products?

Barney

DER was great simply b/c it produced EXCELLENT results with very minimal effort and was extremely user friendly. Its main drawback is that it was pretty limited when it came to correction of severe paint defects. Sadly DER closed up shop... I put a couple of calls and emails into them when I found out to see if they would be interested in selling me the formulas and rights to the product name, but that really never went anywhere. Shame too b/c I was preapproved for a loan at the bank for it... just couldn't get the owners on teh same page.

As for Adams, the versatility and end results are far superior to DER with a relative level of easy use. I won't go so far as to say its AS easy as DER, but its pretty damn easy stuff to get phenomenal results from. A basic Adams kit would consist of Swirl & Haze Remover, Revive Polish, and Buttery Wax... those three products used in that order will produce GREAT result even by hand.

Oh no way will it replace buttery, if not simply for the fact that Buttery is still a really great product, easy to use and competitively priced. Not everyone is down to spend $70 on a jar of wax that has a users learning curve. I still plan on keeping Buttery stocked in my supplies... unless customers are willing to pay me more for an application of Americana I'm not going to waste it.