My New Exhaust

IndyC3

I've been thinking about installing headers for a while now. When I saw the American Racing Headers I had to have them because of the 1 7/8 and 3" mid pipes. I am trying to keep the noise tolerable so I am using 2 mufflers a 12599 magnaflow with built in X and a 15789 kit for the 2500 truck. So far I have put the headers on and moved 1 mount on the tailpipe. I have some fab work to do on both sides of the first muffler to connect everything. Here are some pics of the work in progress.

post-14355-1242311916_thumb.jpg

post-14355-1242311897_thumb.jpg

post-14355-1242311880_thumb.jpg

Edited by IndyC3 (see edit history)

:wtf: 2 mufflers? thats not gonna be much difference from stock.....if u want it quiet keep the stock pos muffler and keep the lts on there and when u wanna actually hear something get an electric cutout and open her up.

that should sound fine, it is going to really cut down on drone. My magnaflow catback i used to have, had 2 bullet muffler's it used as resonators(way to quiet for my tastes). But just like everyone said it is not going to be too much louder than stock, but should be deeper and have a better sound.

:wtf: 2 mufflers? thats not gonna be much difference from stock.....if u want it quiet keep the stock pos muffler and keep the lts on there and when u wanna actually hear something get an electric cutout and open her up.

Trust me those muffler are straight through there is basically no restriction in them. It'll be just fine especially since it is 3 inch pipe. It was 2.5 yeah then it might be some restriction.

Trust me those muffler are straight through there is basically no restriction in them. It'll be just fine especially since it is 3 inch pipe. It was 2.5 yeah then it might be some restriction.

You need to check up on your facts a bit more. A muffler IS restrictive even if it's just a perforated pipe like the race mufflers. The gasses expand when they hit the perforations and slow down. Just because you can see strait through the muffler doesn't mean it's not restrictive.

You need to check up on your facts a bit more. A muffler IS restrictive even if it's just a perforated pipe like the race mufflers. The gasses expand when they hit the perforations and slow down. Just because you can see strait through the muffler doesn't mean it's not restrictive.

I'm not gonna argue that a muffler has the same restriction as a straight through pipe. I wasnt born yesterday. I just dont want to wake up the neighborhood using 2 short 3" mufflers. I believe with this system the performance will be there.

I saw what Moregrip did with his exhaust a while back. He used 2 mufflers after an x and then a dual 3 in/out and dumped it at the bumper.

I have the mid pipes on now and it still sounds like a Top Fuel car when they first start on alcohol maybe louder.

Moregrips setup is exactly what came to mind... of course he's not street proven, haha, but I think you will be happy with that. What's the tailpipe size? That may be the biggest restriction. Looks good to me.

We'll guys its quiet. Too quiet. I'm taking the front muffler off tonight. One thing I was surprised to see was that the rear muffler had an x in it when I cut the tubes to reposition them. At least it doesnt have any drone at this point.

post-14355-1242662015_thumb.jpg

I looked in the inlets and there was an x right at the entrance and yes there is a y at the outlet. Its funny because I dont see anything on their website about that muffler having an x in it.

I took the front muffler off but now it is too loud so I'm putting it back on. If there was only 1 x in the system it would probably be perfect.